Have Tech Employees Stayed Grounded During the Pandemic?

“It’s like being an astronaut on the International Space Station.” This is how I heard someone describe life during the pandemic. I think they were thinking of work, in particular, because of it’s solitary quality right now. So many of our interactions coming through a screen—at once close and distant. Maybe also on their mind […]

Comcast’s $100 million commitment to fight injustice and inequality already impacting Indy

It can be difficult to quantify the local impact of a global corporation like Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA) and its major U.S. subsidiaries Xfinity, Comcast Business and NBCUniversal. With more than 190,000 employees, about 6,000 of whom live and work in Indiana, there’s simply no doubt that the telecommunications conglomerate has a significant influence on the […]
Monument Reflection

Checking In on TechPoint’s DE&I Goals

Last year at the 2020 Mira Awards, I shared five commitments that TechPoint made to advance diversity, equity and inclusion. As I’ll say on the 2021 Mira Awards stage tonight, I feel accountable to being transparent about how we are doing against those commitments 10 months later. #1. Evaluate our base of members and board […]

Tech 25 winner Lukau Matuka challenges herself and others to grow through more efficient processes

As Indiana’s tech community continues to grow and mature, it’s getting harder and harder to narrow down the winners for our annual Tech 25 Awards program. Clearly, there is a wealth of tech talent in the Hoosier state, and they are making incredible moves. Join us in celebrating the Tech 25 class of 2020 through […]

Q1 2021 VC Report: Indiana’s tech sector starts the year strong

Terminus secures $90 million giving outlook for 2021 a post pandemic boost Indiana’s tech sector shot out of the investment gate this year with $102 million in publicly announced raises, 15 M&A transactions reported, and two new, tech-focused venture capital funds.  “When you recall that Indiana tech companies raised a bit more than $174 million […]