TechPoint adds ‘Pandemic Pivot of the Year’ category to 2021 Mira Awards

New category to recognize exceptional work during COVID-19 pandemic TechPoint is adding a new category to its annual Mira Awards. The “Pandemic Pivot of the Year” award recognizes exceptional efforts by tech companies in the face of a challenging year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Entries for the awards are due by Jan. 22, 2021. […]

What the 2021 Mira Awards theme ‘RISE UP’ means to me

What comes to mind when you hear the phrase “rise up” and how does it make you feel? Because I’m a theatre nerd, the first thing I think of is Lin-Manuel Miranda’s hit Broadway musical Hamilton. The “rise up” phrase is used to great effect in the show, and those six simple letters are so […]

Top 12 TechPoint Index Stories of 2020

Although 2020 has been a challenging year, there was no shortage of content in the TechPoint Index. The tech community had highs that needed to be shared. From celebrating Mira Award winners to reasons coastal tech workers should relocate to Indiana’s capital city or ways the tech community responded to COVID-19; here is a look […]

They’re new to Indy, so of course they’re leading an effort to deliver 10,000 pancakes to frontline healthcare workers

Craig Cumberland is a veteran of Silicon Valley. He’s created and led innovation efforts and product development organizations, leading mergers & acquisitions/integration, global team building and leadership development and management, for the likes of Microsoft, Microsoft Research, AOL, Nokia, Adobe, Amazon, Google.  Most recently, he served as Vice President of Products and GM, Manufacturing Software […]

Tech 25 winner Dr. John F. Matlik leads global team improving processes through digital technologies

As Indiana’s tech community continues to grow and mature, it’s getting harder and harder to narrow down the winners for our annual Tech 25 Awards program. Clearly there is a wealth of tech talent in the Hoosier state, and they are making incredible moves. Join us in celebrating the Tech 25 class of 2020 through […]