Indy Design Week 2022

Indy Design Week to Host Fifth-Annual Conference and Job Fair.

“I really just wanted to know what other cool people were doing in the city,” remarked Founder and Executive Director, Poppe Guthrie, on Indy Design Week’s inception back in 2018. “I wanted to be exposed to other areas of design. Other similar-minded people in different industries or different practices. I just wanted to talk to […]
Moe Simmons - TechPoint

How a random text message led to career satisfaction in the Indiana tech community

Last spring I received a text from a good friend from my undergraduate days at Butler University. Joe Perin, community content manager with TechPoint, told me about an open position and he wanted to know if I (or somebody I knew) would be interested in it. Joe and I have known each other for more […]

Venture Club of Indiana partners with TechPoint, Elevate Ventures and 50 South Capital to triple Indiana’s exposure to tech investors

For 13 years, the Venture Club of Indiana has worked to attract investors interested in funding Indiana startup companies at its annual Innovation Showcase. The 2022 iteration of that event partners with TechPoint, 50 South Capital, which manages Indiana’s Next Level Fund, and Elevate Ventures to offer “(Ind)Venture.”  By partnering, the similarly focused groups will […]

More than ‘just video games’: Indiana universities invest in esports curriculums and careers paths

When Twitter launched and started gaining popularity, people scoffed at the “microblogging” site and said it would never last. Today, some politicians are demanding that Twitter be treated like a public utility because it is so entrenched in and vital to our public discourse. Similarly, esports had its detractors early on, but there is no […]
Downtown Tipton

Rural Indiana’s big opportunity with tech

On a bright and sunny late spring day, Kegan Schmicker walks down the sidewalks of downtown Tipton, Ind., with his mind on growing his community and how Indiana’s burgeoning tech ecosystem could play a big role in it. Schmicker, executive director of the Tipton County Chamber of Commerce, is fresh off a nomination for Community […]