– Provides professional accounting advice and assistance in the application and compliance of generally accepted accounting principles, policies, and procedures.
– Reviews, analyzes and modifies operating programs, practices, and procedures related to receiving, controlling, validating, recording, and reporting accounting transactions affecting the asset, liability, revenue, expense, and budgetary accounts of supported organizations.
– Establishes and monitors internal controls to identify problem areas, determine actions required to improve operating program effectiveness, and ensure and maintain the integrity of financial and accounting information.
– Applies knowledge and understanding of automated data processing systems as they apply to accounting systems and “feeder” systems and the ability to deal effectively and logically in solving program/system issues.
– Performs special audits, studies, reports and/or, analysis to evaluate the status of the financial health and/or position of accounting operations based on balanced scorecard measurements or indicators.