Honoring ‘The Best of Tech in Indiana’
From 180 applications, independent judging panels selected 90 companies, schools, organizations and individuals to advance as Mira Award Nominees
Winners will be announced during a black-tie awards ceremony and gala on Saturday, April 29, at The Westin Indianapolis
TechPoint, the growth initiative for Indiana’s technology ecosystem, has announced the nominees for its 18th annual Mira Awards presented by Angie’s List, Genesys, and Salesforce. The Mira Awards program is a six-month season of events and communications honoring ‘The Best of Tech in Indiana’ each year.
“In just over a decade, Indiana has seen more than $6.5 billion in acquisitions and IPOs from our tech community. More recently, in 2016, two-thirds of all the venture capital dollars and three-quarters of all the deals raised in Indiana went to tech companies,” said TechPoint President and CEO Mike Langellier. “The Mira Awards exist to celebrate our state’s tremendous tech success stories and amplify them to media, investors and technology buyers nationwide.”
Nominees were selected by 50 independent subject matter experts who evaluated and ranked the applications. Later this month, all nominees will deliver presentations and answer questions in-person with one of the independent judging panels, and then the judges will select the winners following their deliberations.
Key Mira Award events coming up in March, April and May include:
“People’s Choice Public Voting” – Winners will be announced in late March.
- Visit the Mira Awards Nominee Showcase (https://app.reviewr.com/s1/showcase//mira) and select from Best Tech Space, Best Tech Event or Best Tech T-Shirt or Swag to browse the People’s Choice Public Voting nominees.
- “Mira Awards Gala” – Mira Award winners will be announced at a black-tie awards ceremony and gala on Saturday, April 29, at The Westin Indianapolis.
- “Winners’ Circle” – Current and past Mira Award Winners will have the chance to meet face-to-face with venture capital and private equity firms.
The official 2017 TechPoint Mira Award nominees are:
Rising Star Award
- Anurag Garg, DATTUS
- Casey Gauss, Viral Launch
- Lindsay Siovaila, Salesforce and Girl Develop It
- Max Brickman, GLC Ventures
- Nick Birch, PropelUp
- Patrick Sells, Sells Group
- Prahasith Veluvolu, Mimir
- Tim Balz, Freedom Chairs
- Tyler Foxworthy, DemandJump
- Victor Gutwein, M25 Group
Community Champion of the Year
- Mike Asem, M25 Group, The Anvil and Purdue Foundry
- DirectEmployers Institute
- Douglas Rapp, Cyber Leadership Alliance
- Eleven Fifty Academy Outreach Team
- Joshua Driver, Open for Service
Tech Educator of the Year
- Don Wettrick, Noblesville High School and Think Forward Foundation
- Informatics Diversity-Enhanced Workforce (iDEW), Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing at IUPUI
- Information Technology at Purdue University, Teaching and Learning Technologies
- Jennifer Palilonis and Brad King, Center for Emerging Media Design & Development, Ball State University
- Julie Alano, Hamilton Southeastern High School
- Paul O’Connor, Eleven Fifty Academy
- Penguin Innovations
- Peter Williams, Butler University and ClearScholar
- Rubicon Agriculture
Best New Tech Product
- FATWIN Web Engagement by PERQ
- Hydro Grow
- Performance Assessment Network (PAN)
- Scale Computing
- StoreFront by SmarterHQ
Tech Service of the Year
- Fishers Police Department
- MS Companies
- Viral Launch
Innovation of the Year
- Hydro Grow
- IndyVitals by The Polis Center at IUPUI
- Prehensile Technologies
- Rook Security
- Salesforce Einstein
- The ROY G. BIV Math System by Team Storm
New Startup of the Year
- JUA Technologies International
- Market Wagon
Scale-up of the Year ($100K-$5M)
- Curvo Labs
- Viral Launch
Scale-up of the Year ($5M-$20M)
- Archway Technology Partners
Corporate Innovator of the Year
- Adjunct Professor Link
- Angie’s List
- NextGear Capital
Company Culture of the Year
- Flexware Innovation
- Moser Consulting
- NextGear Capital
- One Click
Tech Company of the Year ($20M+)
- Kinney Group
- Renaissance Electronic Services
- TCC Software Solutions
In addition to the competitive Mira Awards categories, there is an Investor of the Year Award and two other special industry recognitions — TechPoint Foundation for Youth BridgeBuilder Award and TechPoint Trailblazer in Technology Award — are selected by the TechPoint Foundation for Youth and TechPoint boards of directors respectively.
Winners will be announced at a black-tie awards ceremony and gala featuring a reception and three-course seated dinner with live entertainment on Saturday, April 29th, at The Westin Indianapolis. Early-bird and “Under 30” tickets are on sale now at techpoint.org.
Sponsorship opportunities that include group tickets, are also available by contacting Lauren Petersen at email@example.com or 260-273-1855.
TechPoint is the nonprofit, industry-led growth initiative for Indiana’s technology companies and overall tech ecosystem. The team is focused on attracting talent, accelerating scale-up companies, activating the community, and amplifying stories of success. For more information, please visit techpoint.org.
EDITOR’S NOTE: The 2017 Mira Awards logo, moniker, and nominee badge are available for DOWNLOAD in multiple versions.