Meet the Startup of the Year Nominees for the 2020 Mira Awards
Recognizing new companies with in-market tech products or services that have shown the greatest development over the last year.
Just as the greatest inventions begin with an idea, the greatest tech ecosystems begin with innovative startups.
The Startup of the Year award recognizes new companies with in-market tech products or services that have shown the greatest development over the last year based on growth and impact. These trailblazing ventures demonstrate the creative, strategic and innovative entrepreneurial spirit of Indiana’s technology community.
As we continue to foster the Indiana Tech landscape, it’s imperative we bring light to the startups that continue to find footing and their place in our state. 2020’s Startup nominees not only range in services, but also show how Indiana tech is expanding beyond the Indianapolis city limits. The ingenuity of this year’s nominees is palpable. One organization is improving hiring processes, whether it be erasing bias in the application process or making sure job fairs create better in-person meetings. Another is taking Indiana tech into the tradesman sector, easing the transition of creating cabinets to reduce manufacturing time. There’s even growth in the ever-popular podcast industry with a platform to help establish an all-inclusive marketing package. The industries broaden in this category each year and this year’s nominees are no exception.
In 2019, Encamp made its tech debut as the Startup of the Year winner with a smart and scalable solution combining the best aspects of SaaS data management systems and environmental business logic. In 2020 they’ve already secured $3.1 million in funding through some of Indiana’s top investment capital firms to promote their newest platform, which will deliver a more comprehensive look at applicable regulations and requirements for EHS reporting with companies of all sizes and industries.
This year’s nominees include:
- Anvl (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Anvl is purpose-built safety software to automate paperwork and processes. We make it easy to stay connected with the field, distribute safety responsibility, and ensure accountability and compliance.
- AuthentiCx (Carmel, Ind.) — AuthentiCx is the new standard for humanizing customer interaction data at scale.
- Cabentry (Jasper, Ind.) — Cabentry is an order entry software for custom cabinet manufacturers. It also integrates with manufacturing software to drastically reduce the time an engineer draws up cabinets in CAD software.
- Casted (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Casted is the first and only marketing platform built on conversation. Marketers trust casted to manage, activate, and measure their brand podcasts.
- Civic Champs (Bloomington, Ind.) — Civic Champs automates volunteer management for nonprofits and helps convert those volunteers to donors.
- Docket (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Docket is a meeting intelligence platform that brings your meeting processes and tools together so you and your team can get more done.
- Encamp (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Encamp makes it unbelievably easy to manage EHS requirements across multiple facilities in multiple states, all in one, modern platform.
- InternX (Indianapolis, Ind.) — InternX helps career fair organizers leverage software to foster better in-person connections at career fairs.
- Olio (Carmel, Ind.) — Olio is a collaboration SaaS that connects health systems, physicians, and post-acute providers in real-time on their patient’s condition.
- Plan Forward (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Plan Forward creates and powers dental membership plans, delivering a valuable alternative to traditional dental insurance for the uninsured patients.
- The New Paper (Indianapolis, Ind.) — The New Paper is a technology and digital media company with one very clear goal: to overcome sensationalism in media.
- Woven (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Woven is a technical screening solution that helps high-growth software teams hire faster and more effectively, while reducing bias.
The 2020 Mira Award winners will be announced live on a special broadcast during the 21st gala on Thursday, June 18, with presenting sponsors Eli Lilly and Company, Genesys, Infosys, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Salesforce. Thousands are expected to watch the live broadcast on social media platforms and via Zoom VIP room watch parties.
Get more information about the broadcast here. Join us on June 18 for the unveiling of the Startup of the Year Mira Award winner.