Celebrating high-growth, innovation-driven businesses that provide technology products or services (or highly-tech-enabled businesses)
Every startup dreams of becoming the next scale-up company. It means you’ve taken your business to the next level, bringing about new opportunities including customers, capital and growth.
The Scale-up of the Year award celebrates high-growth, innovation-driven businesses that provide technology products or services (or highly tech-enabled businesses). They may be bootstrapped or venture-funded, but all of these emerging companies have built up traction beyond the startup stage. Even if they endured setbacks or revenue dips in 2020 due to the pandemic, they could be Indiana’s next big tech success stories.
This year’s nominees worked tirelessly through the pandemic to drive growth and exceed their goals and objectives. The 2020 accomplishments of these high-performance teams include:
- Taking virtual event experiences to the next level
- Perfecting live virtual real estate tours
- Delivering on the promise of one-to-one customer engagements
- Creating innovative in-store interactions
- Providing real-world digital solutions for boards of directors and governance
- Accelerating research so clinicians can deliver better patient outcomes
- Offering engineering-led IT consulting
- Helping medical device products get to market faster
- Driving better customer relationships
- Fostering agricultural digitalization
- Aligning corporate and environmental goals using tech
These nominees are dedicated to solving challenges that help their customers and drive growth so they can position themselves well to become the next big success story in Indiana tech.
In 2020, the independent Mira Awards judges evaluating the Scale-up of the Year category felt strongly that, among the nominees, there were two companies of distinct types and both should be recognized for their achievements. One company is a tech services company and the other is a tech product company, so the judges split the category.
KSM Consulting was chosen as the 2020 Scale-up of the Year – Tech Service, after pursuing tremendous expansion following their acquisition by Renovus Capital Partners in April of 2019. Since growing their company by more than 123% and growing their revenue by double-digits, KSM continued to help organizations this year find solutions through technology and data.
Zylo was named a 2020 Scale-Up of the Year – Tech Product because of their extensive growth of staff, capital raises, and revenue. In 2021, the SaaS-management company continued to see growth and also added two tech veterans to their executive team. Their research also showed that SaaS spending increased 26% during the early months of the pandemic.
This year’s nominees include:
- Boardable (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Boardable is purpose-built software that helps nonprofit boards function more effectively with a central platform for sharing information and conducting meetings.
- Encamp (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Encamp makes it unbelievably easy for companies to manage and comply with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements across multiple facilities and multiple states, all from one modern platform.
- Greenlight Guru (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Greenlight Guru is an industry-leading Medical Device Success Platform that helps medical device companies design better quality medical devices that get to market faster and stay on market longer.
- LifeOmic (Indianapolis, Ind.) — LifeOmic is the software company that leverages the cloud, machine learning and mobile devices to power precision health and wellness solutions for employers, providers, researchers and individuals.
- Lucidia IT (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Lucidia IT provides solutions to help our customers adopt and support advanced technologies to help move digital transformation within their environments.
- Passageways (Indianapolis, Ind.) – is the creator of OnBoard, the award-winning board management software platform that securely connects organizations and their boards of directors.
- Realync (Carmel, Ind.) — Matt Weirich and Ani Rangarajan transformed the way leasing teams connect with prospective residents and residents. They created Realync, the leading virtual leasing and resident engagement platform.
- Sharpen Technologies (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Sharpen is the agent-first omnichannel contact center platform built in the cloud, that makes interacting easier for both customers and agents.
- Socio (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Socio is an end-to-end event management platform powering in-person, virtual, and hybrid event success.
- Solinftec (West Lafayette, Ind.) — Solinftec is revolutionizing the world of digital agriculture, across 22 million acres globally, with real-time solutions that improve outcomes and reduce environmental impacts.
- Vibenomics (Fishers, Ind.) — Vibenomics enables brands to talk to shoppers directly at the point-of-sale inside thousands of retail locations through Audio Out-of-Home™ (AOOH) advertising, impacting immediate purchase decisions.
- Wunderkind (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Wunderkind is a leading performance marketing engine that allows digital businesses to deliver 1-to-1 messages at unprecedented scale by remembering their visitors better than ever before.
The 2021 Mira Award winners will be announced live during a special broadcast of the 22nd annual gala on Thursday, April 22, with presenting sponsor Salesforce.