Meet the Exceptional Employer of the Year nominees for the 22nd annual Mira Awards
Celebrating tech companies that are doing an exceptional job of hiring and developing talent, cultivating workplace culture, and increasing diversity.
The Indy tech community is booming and showing no signs of stopping. As a thriving tech hub in the Midwest, Indiana is leading the way with innovation and integrity, a potent combination for which tech employers in Indiana are known. With a focus on people, planet and profits, we’re sure that Indiana will continue to see growth and attention.
The Exceptional Employer Award celebrates tech companies that are doing an exceptional job developing talent, cultivating workspaces and workplace culture, and positively impacting the community. We especially encourage applications from employers who are advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion and/or creating employment and development pathways to all individuals.
This year, we’ve identified 10 companies that have gone above and beyond as employers in Indiana. All our nominees had to make major pivots, not only with company culture, but also with their approach to organization. The 2021 nominees cover a wide spectrum of services, including consulting, digital transformation, innovation/implementation of faucet products, risk management, the list goes on.
In a year like 2020 where nearly everything in-person was canceled, certain candidates really blew us away with their knack for innovation. Our nominees did a fantastic job at pivoting their focus to retention and growth (both inside and outside) of tech talent. These companies have shown that, above all else, taking steps to keep company culture alive and innovative is a key factor to success.
In 2020, Kronos Incorporated took home the prestigious Exceptional Employer of the Year Award. Doing a lot of major recruiting from Indiana universities and colleges, Kronos cultivated their second-largest office to reflect the importance of their workforce and what it means to the company as a whole. The company recently ranked #2 on the Forbes’ Best Employers 2021 list and successfully merged with UKG during the pandemic, coming out stronger than ever.
2019’s winner, GEICO, continues to invest in Indiana and tech talent throughout our state. As the nation’s second-largest auto insurer, its Indiana center started with 250 employees, and today, that number has grown to over 1,400. GEICO has invested $4 million into training its Indianapolis employees. Not to mention, the company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is as laudable on paper as it is in practice, resulting in outcomes like women making up 42% of the company’s local leadership.
This year’s nominees include:
- ActiveCampaign, (Indianapolis, Ind.) — ActiveCampaign provides the email marketing, marketing automation, and CRM tools needed to create incredible customer experiences.
- Springbuk (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Springbuk is the health data analytics solution equipping employers and consultants with the immediate insights they need to make data-driven decisions, sharpen strategies, and improve health.
- Socio, (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Socio is an end-to-end event management platform powering in-person, virtual, and hybrid event success.
- Republic Airways/LIFT Academy (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Republic Airways and LIFT Academy have revolutionized the aviation industry with a refreshed focus on technology in their training and operations.
- KSM Consulting (Indianapolis, Ind.) — KSM Consulting is an Indy-headquartered data, tech, and digital transformation consulting firm that helps solve clients’ most complex challenges and drives meaningful mission-critical outcomes.
- Greenlight Guru (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Greenlight Guru is an industry-leading Medical Device Success Platform that helps medical device companies design better quality devices that get to market faster and stay on the market longer.
- Moser Consulting (Indianapolis, Ind.) — For 25 years, Moser has been a leading technology consulting provider, ensuring technology is an invisible but essential partner while fostering a new era for businesses.
- Delta Faucet Company (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Delta Faucet Company exists to transform experiences with water. From inspiring kitchen and bath environments to smart and simple water usage, Delta Faucet Company innovates living and workspaces.
- myCOI (Indianapolis, Ind.) — myCOI transforms how companies manage risk by joining insurance experts and next-generation technology to make the complex feel simple, achieve insurance compliance, and protect against costly claims.
- GadellNet Consulting Services (Carmel, Ind.) — GadellNet is a team of exceptional IT specialists that come together every day to power peoples’ missions through technology.
The 2021 Mira Award winners will be announced live during a special broadcast of the 22nd annual gala on Thursday, April 22, with presenting sponsor Salesforce.