Meet the Large Enterprise of the Year nominees for the 22nd annual Mira Awards
Recognizing tech and tech-enabled companies that put a premium on talent development, diversity, and inclusion.
Every ecosystem has its larger, more established employers that play important, highly visible roles in driving innovation, providing valuable training and experience, as well as being a force for good as conscientious corporate citizens.
The Large Enterprise of the Year award recognizes tech companies (including tech-enabled) that are succeeding in the marketplace; investing in innovation; committing to diversity, equity, and inclusion; boosting Indiana’s reputation nationally/internationally; and leveraging their resources and scale to make a positive impact in our community. We especially encourage applications from employers who are focused on equity, as well as creating employment and development pathways for all individuals.
2021 brings innovators from all over the tech spectrum who are committed to helping Indiana employees grow through their talent initiatives, innovative developments, and economic impact. These enterprises have done everything from creating seamless security options and leading the task of fighting COVID-19 to leading innovation in HR services and changing how auctions are held.
We also have nominees leading the nation towards more accessible wireless internet and even those working to change the way businesses and people have access to water. With all the changes that occurred in 2020, we can’t wait to see where these enterprises lead us in 2021 and beyond.
The 2020 winner for Large Enterprise of the Year, Republic Airways, hasn’t stopped with their transformational approach of “We’re not a transportation company, we’re a tech company that has airplanes.” They took the COVID-19 pandemic in stride, learning greater flexibility and creating new automation solutions. These automation bots ensure more of their flights take off on time, and eases the need to perform repetitive tasks for their business partners. They’ve also added emphasis on outreach programs to increase diversity in the airline industry.
In 2019, Fortune 500 corporation, Cummins, took home the honor of this award. Since winning, they’ve aggressively invested in and researched hydrogen power—and have even created a concept hydrogen fuel cell truck. Not to mention, they’ve made a $3 million commitment to aid Black-owned businesses in the Midwest, stretching from Minneapolis to Memphis, Indianapolis to Columbus.
This year’s nominees include:
- Becks Hybrids (Atlanta, Ind.) — The Beck family and team of employees help farmers achieve success through authentic customer experiences, product diversity, innovation, seed quality, and performance.
- Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Lilly is a global healthcare leader who unites caring with discovery. They create medicines that make life better for people worldwide.
- UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) (Indianapolis, Ind.) — UKG, Our Purpose Is People, is the story of two extraordinary companies—Kronos Inc and Ultimate Software—who joined forces to create one of the largest cloud companies in the world.
- Allegion (Carmel, Ind.) — Allegion is a global pioneer in seamless access. Focusing on security, they secure people and assets with a range of solutions wherever they reside, work, or visit.
- Verizon (New York, NY and Indianapolis, Ind.) — Verizon is taking responsibility for our shared future by expanding digital access, protecting the climate, and preparing people for the jobs of the future.
- Delta Faucet Company (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Delta Faucet Company exists to transform experiences with water. From inspiring kitchen and bath environments to smart and simple water usage, Delta Faucet Company innovates living and workspaces.
- KAR Global (Carmel, Ind.) — KAR Global powers the world’s greatest digital marketplaces for used vehicles. Known for their end-to-end platform, they make remarketing easy, so you can be more successful.
The 2021 Mira Award winners will be announced live during a special broadcast of the 22nd annual gala on Thursday, April 22, with presenting sponsor Salesforce.