Startups with great potential that demonstrate the creative, strategic, and innovative entrepreneurial spirit of Indiana’s technology industry
There are a lot of great ideas out there, but it takes determination and perseverance to truly test it and discover if that great idea can one day become a great company with the power to last.
The Startup of the Year award recognizes new companies (two years old or younger) with in-market tech products or services that have shown the greatest development based on growth and impact and have the most promising potential for success. These trailblazing ventures demonstrate the creative, strategic, and innovative entrepreneurial spirit of Indiana’s technology community.
Our 2021 nominees have worked tirelessly to bring solutions to Indiana and beyond. Their vast expertise spans everything from innovative and amplified marketing platforms to creative, integrative platforms fostering teamwork as well as face-to-face interactions in a virtual world. Whether it’s working to reduce food waste or ensuring our drinking water is safe and potable, we’re impressed by how some of these startups are working to reduce our carbon footprint. We also have nominees who are leading innovators in AI technology as well as software created to streamline operations for small and large businesses alike. Our 2021 Startup of the Year nominees run the gamut of products and services that help uplift communities and businesses across the globe.
2020’s winner Woven set out to make software engineering candidates more accessible to companies in need. They’ve created assessments for vetting engineers who are often overlooked because of software that would discount their resumes. The growth they have seen since winning is unprecedented—a 340% increase! They’ve raised over $2.5 million in seed funding through High Alpha, further proving the need for their product.
In 2019, Encamp made its tech debut as a Startup of the Year winner with its smart and scalable solution combining the best aspects of SaaS data management systems and environmental business logic. In 2020, a new partnership was formed for this Mira Award winner alum. Encamp entered into a partnership with KMK and SGHS+, companies that provide expert regulatory services, end-to-end raw material document management services, and much more.
This year’s nominees include:
- 3Oe Scientific (Carmel, Ind.) — 3Oe Scientific is a technology company advancing the science of aqueous ozone for public health, health care, and various other industries.
- Authenticx (Carmel, Ind.) — Authenticx analyzes and activates customers’ voices to reveal transformational healthcare opportunities—because nothing replaces listening.
- Casted (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Casted is the first and only Amplified Marketing Platform built to empower marketers to access, amplify, and attribute their podcast content to fuel their content marketing strategy.
- ConverSight.ai (Indianapolis, Ind.) — ConverSight.ai’s Contextual Decision Intelligence platform leverages an AI business assistant to help businesses optimize operations, minimize disruptions, and resolve critical issues in real-time.
- Decimal (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Decimal streamlines and outsources the accounting operations (bookkeeping, bill pay, etc.) for companies.
- Docket (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Docket’s meeting intelligence platform helped thousands of teams lead more productive meetings during the global shift to remote and hybrid work.
- Filo (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Filo is a customizable virtual space that redefines how we connect virtually.
- FloWaste (South Bend, Ind.) — FloWaste’s food analytics platform uses proprietary image recognition technology to empower cafeterias and quick service restaurants to reduce food waste.
- Kennected (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Kennected is a SaaS company working to simplify the lives of business owners and entrepreneurs through lead generation, automation, and education.
- Malomo (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Malomo is a shipment tracking platform that helps e-commerce brands turn order tracking from a cost center into a profitable marketing channel.
The 2021 Mira Award winners will be announced live during a special broadcast of the 22nd annual gala on Thursday, April 22, with presenting sponsor Salesforce.