12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
The business case for diversity is pure and simple. Companies that are more diverse are more successful, and it has been proven that diversity drives better business results. However, the venture capital and tech startup sectors continue to lag behind in funding, hiring and providing equal access to Black, LatinX and Women. This means capital is not making its way to all of the best ideas and entrepreneurs.
Did you know?
1. 97.6% of AUM in the Private Equity market is controlled by male-owned firms.
2. 93% percent of venture firms do not have a single black investment partner (2018 NVCA survey)
3. Less than 2% of venture-funded startups are Black or LatinX.
4. 5% of Fortune 500 CEOs are female. Ironically, that is the same percentage of male Fortune 500 CEOs named “John”.
5. 40% of VCs attended Harvard or Stanford university.
Please join the conversation with the Venture Club of Indiana as we have a candid conversation about diversity in venture capital and entrepreneurship.Admission