8:30 AM - 9:45 AM
1210 Waterway Blvd Suite 5000, Indianapolis, 46202
Please join session one of this free, interactive, virtual series focused on finding and implementing solutions to racial inequity in our tech community.
SESSION 1: Antiracism Starts with Leadership
Thursday, November 5, 2020, 8:30-9:45am
- Eric Thomas, Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer at Genesys
- Aman Brar, CEO at Jobvite
- Miranda Nicholson, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, Formstack
- Marsha McGriff, Associate Vice President for Inclusive Excellence at Ball State University
"It's not enough to be 'not racist'; we must be 'antiracist'" - Ibram X. Kendi, Author of How to Be an Antiracist.
As the country begins to reckon with its long history of racial inequality, leaders must begin doing the work with their organizations. The call is to be 'antiracist', but what does it actually mean? In this session, we will discuss how tech leaders are creating antiracist policies, programs, and norms. Learn the journey leaders guided their organizations through and how you can do the same. Walk away with actionable steps for you individually and for your organization. Join us for a brave conversation with courageous leaders.
Participants will walk away from the workshop with:
- An understanding of the concept of anti-racism and examples of incorporating it into company policy
- Best practices for leading a DE&I strategy in different sized organizations
Participants can expect to leave this event series with inspiration, resources to turn to going forward and tangible tools to continue on their anti-racist journey as an individual and an organization.Admission