6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
HOW TO PROCESS REJECTION WITHOUT LOSING CONFIDENCE OR BURNING OUT
Rejection in the business world is hard to avoid. It's difficult to hear the word "No!" after pitching an idea, product, service, or investment opportunity. You put a lot of effort into winning the deal. In this Mental Wellness for Business program, entrepreneur and psychotherapist, Lynn Hynes, PhD will moderate a conversation around understanding and processing rejection.
Here are a few situations/questions we will talk about:
- How do you feel after you lose a deal?
- What could have been done differently?
- What can you do to be successful next time?
- How do you maintain composure when someone keeps negating what you are saying?
- How do you psychologically prepare to present/pitch to a person/group known for their lack of support to women, POC, and LGBTQ people?
- When a sale falls through, what kind of self talk do you need to maintain composure and keep going?
- Does past rejection prevent founders from focusing on what the company needs in the early stages to keep afloat?
ABOUT THIS SERIES...
Our Mental Wellness for Entrepreneurs program provides education about the psychological challenges that entrepreneurs experience regularly while providing actionable steps to make positive changes. The goal of this program is to promote emotional, psychological, and social well-being.
Note: The Startup Ladies does not offer individual or group mental health counseling. Although issues of mental health are inherent in entrepreneurship, Startup Study Halls are not a replacement for a therapeutic setting.
- 6:00 pm - Welcome and speaker intro (This program promptly at 6pm.)
- 6:05 pm - Attendee introductions and mood check-in
- 6:20 pm - Presentation & discussion
- 7:30 pm - Open discussion
- 8:00 pm - Wrap up!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Entrepreneurs at any stage
- Sales professionals
- Investors who want to support their founders
- Anyone interested in improving their emotional, psychological, and social well-being!
LET US INTRODUCE YOU!
- Tag us: @IamAStartupLady
- We’ll re-post your photos and quotes so our followers learn about you and your
A resident of Indianapolis since 1982, Lynn is a therapist at Broad Ripple Therapy Associates working from a psychodynamic and integrative perspective to assist individuals, couples, and families to become more conscious of how their past experiences have shaped current relationships. Many of her clients are experiencing difficulties, challenges, psychological pain, and life transitions and wish to move into a more joyful, meaningful, and peaceful life. Lynn works with her clients to discover patterns and connections that can help lead to greater self-understanding so that they can understand themselves in relationship to others.
Concurrent to her therapy practice, Lynn is the principal owner of Lynn Hynes Design Associates, a commercial interior design company in Indianapolis. Although Lynn has done design work all over the United States, her primary practice is in the regional area.
Prior to founding Lynn Hynes Design Associates in 2004, Lynn was a principal owner of CSO Architects for 22 years. Lynn holds an M.A./Ph.D. in Depth Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute in Montecito, CA. Lynn has recently earned an M.S. in Marriage, Couple, and Family Therapy from Walden University in Minneapolis, MN. Lynn’s interests include Jungian psychology, ecopsychology, indigenous cultures, travel, painting, gardening, and reading.
Lynn holds an M.A./Ph.D. in Depth Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute in Montecito, CA. Lynn has recently earned an M.S. in Marriage, Couple, and Family Therapy from Walden University in Minneapolis, MN.
Lynn’s interests include Jungian psychology, ecopsychology, indigenous cultures, travel, painting, gardening, and reading.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We believe that diversity and inclusivity makes our startup culture more fun, experienced, and intellectually stimulating. Anyone (including men) are invited to participate in ALL Startup Ladies educational programming, events, and membership.
The Startup Ladies strive to uphold the highest ethical standards of inclusiveness and respect. In the event of a violation of these standards, we reserve the right to terminate your membership or ask you to leave an event.
Members may attend Mental Wellness for Business at no additional fee. The public may purchase individual tickets to Startup Study Hall at $25.
*Tickets are non-refundable.Admission