Anvl is on a mission to deliver a connected experience for the deskless workforce. Our solutions are used on a daily basis by Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies across North America to make a difference every day in safety, quality, and productivity.
Our partners and customers work with Anvl to intervene on behalf of front line workers using leading edge mobile technology, data science, language processing, and image recognition. We need innovative thinkers to design, build, and deliver a high quality and robust safety solution.
By leveraging the latest in emerging technologies, we hope to bring practical solutions to businesses of all sizes. Our team members work in a collaborative environment and we are committed to providing an employee experience with opportunities every day to identify new challenges, innovate, design, build, deliver and grow.
At Anvl, we value putting people first, outcomes matter to us, and we are continuously driven to improve. We want to empower everyone to do their best work by challenging boundaries and learning together to deliver on commitments.
Anvl offers flexible scheduling, remote work, and unlimited time off so that you can deliver on commitments at your own pace. Paid parental leave allows our employees to focus on what really matters when big life changes come their way. Anvl’s tech stipend complements our bring your own device policies, making sure you have the tools on hand that you want to use. Anvl also offers a wellness stipend to pay for gym memberships, massages, workout clothes, or whatever else might cover your wellness needs. No matter if you are working remotely or are here in Anvl’s home office, we want to support you in making a difference in the lives of frontline workers.
What We Need
Software Architects at Anvl are responsible for establishing design patterns and technology strategy for the Anvl platform. Anvl Software Architects work across teams and engineers, providing hands-on assistance to share technical designs and communicate the future direction of Anvl engineering.
We need an individual who is committed to professional development, collaborating with a team, and building scalable solutions using cloud technologies. By leveraging the best in continuous delivery and domain-driven design, Anvl software engineers are building solutions that make a difference in the lives of front-line workers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Owns the architecture and technology strategy for the overall platform
- Accountable for team efficiency when building new features within the platform
- Responsible for ensuring the extensibility of new features or components
- Works across teams and engineers, providing hands-on assistance when necessary
- Shares technical designs and communicating the future direction of the platform
- Researches and develops prototypes to demonstrate the viability of new concepts
- Solves business challenges using tools and capabilities not currently employed
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
- Production work experience building microservices and leveraging domain driven design
- Experience with functional coding practices across a variety of languages
- Previous experience using public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) APIs and using cloud services
- Knowledge of continuous deployment practices, including automated testing and continuous integration
- Builds designs before coding with performance and security in mind
- Experience in reviewing code across teams to ensure it meets performance, security, and clean coding best practices
- Comfort in data modelling with NoSQL solutions
- Work experience operating within an Agile or Lean software environment
- Excitement for the rapid pace of a growing, changing startup environment
- Experience in constructing and securing publicly-available APIs
- Experience working and collaborating within a team of fellow engineers
- Comfort communicating to business stakeholders and constructing documentation
- A desire for professional development and continued learning
May 7, 2021