Appirio is a global services company that helps customers create next-generation Worker and Customer Experiences using the latest cloud technologies. Our free thinking consultants deliver unmatched customer value by creating actionable strategies, delivering results quickly, and helping organizations adapt to a new experience-driven era. We do this by harnessing the power of one of the world’s largest crowdsourcing communities and thousands of pre-built solution accelerators. Appirio is a trusted partner to some of the world’s largest brands, including YP, Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Home Depot, Sony PlayStation, Moen, and IBM.
Brief Summary of Role
Appirio’s Cloud Marketing Architect plays a critical role in our Marketing Cloud Practice. This role is focused on leading and driving strategic Marketing Automation and/or “marketing cloud” related conversations with prospects, clients and internal team members. This includes being able to discuss marketing trends, marketing technology and related people/process topics. In addition, this resource will conduct light-to-moderate project and relationship management tasks associated with technology implementation.
This person is tasked with facilitating workshops and requirements sessions to gain an understanding of our customer's current state processes and technology in the CRM space, specifically related to digital marketing, social marketing and marketing automation. From the session output, the will map out a future state that includes improved process definition as well as best-practice architecture and implementation of marketing automation/digital marketing platforms and other related cloud based technologies. When this work is complete, the Marketing Architect will ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of technologies selected in support of the future state, either as a stand-alone resource or in collaboration with an Appirio Project Manager and/or Engagement Manager.
The Marketing Architect can efficiently synthesize both technical and business information and present a strategic vision for clients. This role will regularly present complex information to a C-level audience in both a sales and project environment. The Marketing Architect will have had hands on experience working with and implementing Safesforce.com, ExactTarget, Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua or similar technologies and can act as a knowledgeable liaison between technical, marketing and business teams.
Must possess strong analytical and Salesforce.com product knowledge skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and the translation of those needs into technology and operational requirements.
Enthusiastic, professional and confident team player with a strong focus on customer success who can present effectively even under adverse conditions.
Strong project management, problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
Marketing Architects will work onsite and remotely with prospects and customers to elicit and analyze their requirements, develop designs, and implement the specified technology platforms. Specific areas of concentration include:
- Very strong understanding of Salesforce, ExactTarget, Marketo and other marketing technology solutions.
- Lead discovery workshops, which includes the facilitation of large audiences, solution presentations, and prototype demonstrations.
- Responsible for identification and inventory of customer process pain points and gaps in best practices.
- Perform rapid analysis and decomposition of complex business information into technical process components, including in-depth technical architecture diagrams.
- Strong presenter to C Suite level audiences as well as technical teams.
- Comfortable managing client relationships as well as project management tasks as needed.
- Experience in onsite functional or technical roles with project ownership. Strong expertise in most of the following areas is required:
- System Implementation, Change Enablement & User Adoption
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget (Required)
- Salesforce Automation
Education and Required Experience
- B.S. degree in a technical field preferred (Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Informatics, Industrial Management, etc) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization or equivalent professional work experience is preferred.
- 5+ years experience as a solution focused consultant, business analyst or systems consultant for a mid-to-large sized organization, or direct consulting expertise leading sales and marketing transformation projects.
- 3+ years experience with Sales Force Automation software in enterprise environments.
- 3+ years of experience with marketing automation and social implementations /integrations with Marketo, Eloqua, ExactTarget, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Radian6, BuddyMedia, HubSpot, etc. or other marketing and social marketing automation technologies.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Located and able to work in the U.S. from a home office and able to travel up to 40%
- Not eligible for visa sponsorship
June 11, 2018