Job Title: Proposal Manager
Hours: Full Time
About the Role
Aprimo is currently seeking a strong leader to oversee all proposal activities, including managing proposal schedules and deadlines, monitoring and implementing required updates to the CRM platform and associated processes, developing proposal outline and compliance matrices, and monitoring the progress and overseeing delivery of the proposal and applicable correspondence. Candidate will have the talent to manage multiple proposals and tasks simultaneously and possess excellent organization, documentation, and communication skills. The Proposal Manager will need the ability to effectively lead diverse teams of professionals to accomplish projects and complete RFP’s and manage the process using technology and applicable tools. The proposal manager will act as the primary interface for all RFP response efforts, contribute to response requirements and ensure proposal compliance.
Aprimo is a leader in global marketing operations technology. Aprimo’s performance driven marketing operations and digital asset management software gives marketers the advantage to govern and grow their brand.
Aprimo delivers the advantage with its innovative Marketing Operations Hub. We allow marketers to manage budgets, people, data and content throughout the ideation, workflow and campaign delivery of the brand experience while maximizing provable ROI.
For more information, visit www.aprimo.com
To empower marketers to reach their full potential and continuously deliver value back to their organizations.
The Proposal Manager works within the Global Proposal Center of the marketing department, and reports to the Director of Integrated Marketing. The role is highly collaborative working with Marketing/Executive management, Brand Experience, Product Marketing, Field and Proposal Enablement, Industry Solutions, Marketing Operations, Marketing Analytics, and Customer Programs in a global capacity.
This role requires the understanding of our product offering, solutions, and the B2B user experience while meeting a variety of objectives including:
• As priority, serve as the single point of contact for all RFP requests
• Facilitate all timelines and deliverables to manage and deliver successful proposals and Global Proposal Center related projects
• Perform risk management to minimize proposal and project related risks
• Lead, motivate, communicate, and confidently direct proposal teams
• Responsible for the structure and organization of the proposal process in line with management requirements, goals and direction
• Excellent writing skills, both technical and analytical, and possess substantial experience supporting proposal responses to RFP opportunities
• Direct, develop and manage proposal content with cross-functional teams within an established process as needed
• Oversee RFPIO as the system and content administrator providing support, maintenance, and content optimization
• Assure knowledge management that supports improved response time for opportunities and proposal responses
• Prepare monthly proposal status reports and ongoing RFP analysis
• Continuously improve the production process for generating proposals
• Customer-focused and self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3+ years of proposal and project management experience preferred
• Experience managing proposal operations; managing staff, timelines, assigning resources, monitoring progress and other operational functions
• Experience in, or strong knowledge of, the Marketing Technology industry
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint & Project
• Experience within RFP and Proposal technologies like RFPIO a plus
• Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
1. Must be able to remain in stationary position 50% of time
2. Must be able to move 50% of time
3. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on occasion
4. The worker is required to have close visual awareness to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
5. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication at normal speaking levels
6. Must be able to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly
7. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Aprimo provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aprimo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Aprimo is required to make a reasonable accommodation to the known disability of a qualified applicant or employee if it would not impose an "undue hardship" on the operation of the employer's business. Undue hardship is defined as an action requiring significant difficulty or expense when considered in light of factors such as an employer's size, financial resources and the nature and structure of its operation
March 13, 2019