Blue Beyond is a woman-owned management consulting firm that focuses on the people side of business — leadership, communication, change, culture, organizational effectiveness, talent management, and employee engagement. We partner with the world’s most innovative Fortune 1000 companies, as well as groundbreaking non-profits and higher education institutions, to help them build organizations where both the business and the people thrive.
If you love to learn for a living and are excited to help a growing, purpose-driven company continue to build its brand and achieve its growth objectives, our Lead of Marketing role could be for you!
Based in the Midwest, preferably Indianapolis, and reporting to the Head of Marketing, Brand, and Culture, the Lead of Marketing will own the overall strategy, execution, and optimization of Blue Beyond’s marketing function. Managing a full-time team of 3 as well as agency partners, the person who fills this role will partner closely with our CEO, Head of Marketing, Brand and Culture, Head of Business Development, and consulting team to identify market opportunities and deliver marketing solutions that enable company growth and impact.
Build and maintain a deep understanding of our business and our market - who we are, the services we provide, what differentiates us, our prospective customers and their influencers, what they are looking for, how we can engage with them, and how to move them from engagement to buyer.
Own overall strategy, execution, management, and optimization of Blue Beyond’s marketing efforts to deliver repeatable, sustainable, and predictable achievement of our revenue targets with measurable ROI, including accountability for:
• Leadership, management, and development of our marketing team;
• Market intelligence and metrics to inform the ongoing evolution of our marketing and business strategy, including understanding of the total addressable and target market(s) for our services, and how to best reach potential customers and influencers through appropriate channels, content, partners, or other means;
• Data-informed planning, with robust metrics and ROI for marketing spend;
• Planning, development, and delivery of digital marketing content, campaigns, channels, PR, and other target market engagement;
• Ensuring our website communicates our brand and enables customer experience journeys and conversion points;
• Creating and implementing a multi-year digital roadmap;
• Oversight of all digital channels, including Google Ads campaigns, keywords and SEO strategy, and remarketing;
• Continual evaluation of new emerging media or technologies and recommendations for their application within Internet marketing or search marketing campaigns;
• Lead segmentation and nurturing;
• Partnership with Consulting and BD teams to create compelling marketing/BD assets and thought leadership;
• Short-, medium-, and long-term marketing strategies that expand the universe of high-quality leads through existing and new sources, and move leads effectively and efficiently from initial engagement to conversion;
• Optimizing the buyer journey through our website, email campaigns, LinkedIn engagement, SEO optimization, etc.;
• Overall management of the marketing function including annual budget and agency relationships.
Build brand awareness through organic social media, paid social media, PR and media opportunities, sponsored content, thought leadership, speaking opportunities, and leveraging Blue Beyond team networks. Related activities and responsibilities include:
• Work with our marketing and leadership teams to develop an integrated media strategy that properly positions our service areas, thought leadership, and leaders;
• Act as lead contact for external communications with press, media relations, and outside reporters;
• Contribute creatively in efforts to develop a compelling external message that differentiates our value proposition, products, and solutions as the industry leader;
• Develop and write communications materials including blog posts, press plans, reactive statements, and briefing materials;
• Identify and execute strategies to positively differentiate Blue Beyond from our competition;
• Support our full Blue Beyond team to be effective brand ambassadors by building the tools, techniques, and training to facilitate common language and learning across the company, and proactively communicate about the focus and results of our marketing efforts, as well as the role of each employee in supporting those efforts.
Understand and track marketing trends and our competitive landscape
• Stay abreast of the external trends and news that affect our market, including potential new business opportunities, as well as trends within existing clients and partners.
What you bring to the role
Ideally, you are a deeply curious marketing leader who is genuinely interested in what we do and how we do it – and who can bring both the art and science of marketing to help us grow our business. Key qualities that distinguish you include:
• Strong interpersonal skills, great manager and collaborator, and extremely resourceful
• Energetic, engaged, flexible, self-directed, and enjoys variety, learning, and mastering new things
• Comfortable with ambiguity, and able to use discerning judgment on when to move forward / when to wait
• Flexibility to handle multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines
• Able to make decisions to execute and move efforts forward
• Savvy at "gear-shifting", moving seamlessly and fluidly between projects and activities, knowing how to prioritize and re-prioritize "on the fly”
• Meticulously organized with the ability to retain and recall information
• A problem-solver with the ability to team with others to create smart, sustainable processes and practices
• Committed and passionate about getting the job done with excellence and pride of ownership
• A great listener who asks good questions, learns quickly, and finds ways to make the team better every day
• Equally comfortable working independently and collaboratively
• Professional and known for your friendly demeanor
• Committed to Blue Beyond's mission and values
• Minimum of 10+ years of work experience that demonstrates your growing capabilities in marketing and ability to lead and manage teams
• Proven experience in developing and implementing marketing strategy and plans that effectively enable business growth, create brand equity, and deliver marketing ROI
• Deep understanding of B2B marketing including crafting service and product value propositions, digital marketing, SEO, metrics, campaigns, PR, and content marketing
• Familiarity with consulting industry and professional services marketing in the human capital management space is a plus
• Demonstrated understanding of how to leverage metrics and market intelligence to craft marketing strategy and measure marketing effectiveness
• Expertise in CRM and marketing automation (Zoho experience a plus) including lead generation, lead scoring, and segmented lead journey development
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
• Familiarity with market research and development of customer personas, including behavioral and psychographic segmentation and insights
• Hands-on experience with building, planning, and executing segmented and targeted marketing campaigns leveraging email and other channels
• Strong writing, communication, and presentation experience including content design, copywriting, and proofreading. Ability to appropriately adjust content/style to audience
• Related writing experience in narrative and strategy messaging
• Familiarity with PPC campaigns, SEM campaign strategies, keyword research, and SEO practices
• Knowledge of latest trends and best practices, including ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and laws
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Familiarity with Box and Google Drive
• Has a track record of managing multiple tasks at a high level of excellence and through to completion
• Ability to work effectively in person and in a virtual team environment
• BA/BS in marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
About Blue Beyond
Blue Beyond is a purpose-focused and growing management consulting firm with more than 50 team members in California, the Northeast, and Midwest, and clients all across North America. Blue Beyond has been certified as a Great Place to Work® annually since 2015 and was named one of the US’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2020, 2019, and 2017. Blue Beyond was also named one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2019.
Diversity and inclusion is more than a commitment at Blue Beyond—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equity and welcome and value diversity in its many forms. Blue Beyond is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including that related to age, sex, race, religion, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics prohibited by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Learn more about Blue BeyondPosted On
November 9, 2020