We’ve got something pretty special here at Blue Horseshoe. Our team has created a culture of collaboration and accountability mixed with personal well-being and community involvement. We keep our employees satisfied by giving them long term career growth opportunities, creating a unique "family" culture, giving them the tools they need to succeed, and challenging them in their career.
Blue Horseshoe has been named one of the best places to work in Indiana four years in a row, along with being named a Top Workplace by the IndyStar, and we are looking to add a Technical Writer to our growing team. As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for producing high-quality and understandable documentation with the goal to improve the success of our products. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
What can you expect?
• A fast-paced organization with a bright future
• An engaged team with a commitment to shared values and goals
• Collaboration with your manager, members in the organization, and teammates to help achieve goals related to technical writing
• Engaging and meaningful work
What do we expect?
• Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
• Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
• Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
• Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
• Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
• Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
• Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
• Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
• Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
• Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
Here's What We're Looking For:
• 5+ years technical writing of software documentation
• Bachelors degree in a related field
• Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated communication and writing skills
Why You Should Work at Blue Horseshoe:
• Work with talented individuals to build a highly successful business that is revolutionizing the supply chain and enterprise software industry
• Ability to make a meaningful impact on a growing organization
• Internal and external professional development, coaching, and continuous education opportunities
• Amazing benefits and company perks
January 14, 2020