Butler University’s Information Technology department is currently seeking a driven and customer-centric Help Desk Technician who is eager to join a team which values lifelong learning, collaboration, customer service, and fun.
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing front line technology support to Butler constituents (students, faculty, staff, affiliates, alumni, and visitors) in person, over the phone, via remote control, chat and email. This individual will troubleshoot, resolve 70% of issues, document and follow up on end user issues, and occasionally manage internal projects and processes pertaining to these responsibilities. Ideal candidate must have a passion for supporting end users of all levels, an aptitude for and an interest in learning more about technology, superb customer service skills, and excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Provide and be committed to exceptional customer service. Serve the University as a client advocate. Represent Butler University and Information Technology in a professional manner. Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients.
• Provide front line computer and technology support to Butler constituents in person, over the phone, via remote control, chat and email using established procedures and methods. Resolve 70% of support incidents/requests (cases).
• Identify, troubleshoot, escalate, and resolve problems as part of a larger team.
• Provide client endpoint support for hardware and software including Microsoft Windows and Macintosh operating systems, Microsoft 365 applications, as well as various other applications, including Zoom, Canvas, Google Apps, Panopto, and WordPress.
• Methodically troubleshoot network, hardware, and software issues; document and follow up on end user issues. Occasionally manage internal projects and processes pertaining to these responsibilities.
• Log and detail all incidents and requests in Salesforce; escalate issues as needed. Create, update and manage internal procedural and end user documentation in the knowledge base.
• Analyze trends that point to systemic issues and act as a central point of contact when issues arise. Analyze support/system/business processes to identify inefficiencies and recommend strategies for improvement.
• Understand the functions of IT and other departments at Butler in order to be able to route cases accurately; triage and assess priority according to established standards.
• Independently manage workload (which includes both reactive and proactive work) efficiently, effectively, and on-time, while allowing for changing priorities.
• Willingness to work extra hours when needed; occasional evening, early mornings and/or weekend work required.
• Other duties as assigned.
See full job posting for more information.Posted On
November 18, 2020