Clinical Architecture is seeking a Technical Writer in the Indianapolis, IN area to join our Education team. For this position, we are seeking an experienced writer to create the product documentation (user guides, API documents, install guides, implementation guides, etc.) that is paired with training videos/classes to create learning experiences for our customers.
Responsibilities include the following:
1. Work collaboratively with the Documentation and Training teams to create education packages.
2. Work with internal teams (Dev, QA, Product Management, etc.) to obtain an in-depth understanding of our products and documentation requirements.
3. Analyze existing and potential content with a focus on customer experience, customer knowledge needs, content flow, and level of detail. Based on this analysis, recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
4. Define project scope and estimate work based on content analysis and product understanding.
5. Organize information and complete writing assignments according to departmental standards.
6. Guide documentation through the review process while ensuring required reviewers approve.
7. Help create world-class client education by writing technical documents, writing micro-video scripts, and producing videos.
8. Review deliverables to ensure accuracy, readability, and usability.
9. Ensure content is delivered with the highest quality to build customer confidence, satisfaction, and trust.
Required Experience, Skills, and Competencies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly articulate in verbal communications.
• Experience in working in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexible and responsive to dynamic situations and changing priorities.
• Experience in structuring new documents.
• Team oriented; ability to share and coordinate work among peers.
• Desire to learn and explain new things.
• Self-motivated and can work independently.
• Madcap Flare and HTML authoring.
• Knowledge of constructing technical documentation for developers.
• Eager to understand Clinical Architecture products.
Education and Experience Requirements
• 3 + years of experience required.
• College or University degree in Technical Writing or related discipline preferred.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Madcap Flare or similar publishing/content authoring experience.
• Adobe PDF Professional.
• Microsoft Office suite.
• Knowledge about software development.
• Knowledge about healthcare systems a plus.
• Atlassian JIRA experience.
• Ability to create training videos for clients and present to all levels and audiences.
• Experience in video and media production a plus.
Culture and Benefits: Clinical Architecture provides team members the opportunity to expand their minds and grow professionally and personally.
• World class innovators
• Industry thought leaders
• Friendly and positive
• Casual attire
• Two weeks of paid time off per year (increase available upon tenure)
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with 50% contribution from Clinical Architecture
Incentives: Clinical Architecture provides a working environment enjoyable for our team and guests.
• Monthly team lunches
• Team social events
• Winter Holiday
• Personal Holiday
• Wellness Credit
• Volunteer Time
• Onsite fitness center
• Onsite café with pantry and beverages
April 30, 2021