Open Position: Business Development Manager, Cornerstone Information Systems, Inc.
Cornerstone Information Systems www.ciswired.com is a growing technology company focused on travel company operations. We are expanding our sales team and seeking a Business Development Manager to win new customers. A successful candidate will have a strong background in enterprise software sales and experience in the travel industry. The position is responsible for generating new revenue by selling Cornerstone technology products and related professional services, including to travel agencies, travel management companies, corporations, non-profits, and government. This position concentrates on new logo sales. Some travel is required. Compensation includes base salary and sales commissions, with opportunities for additional incentives and bonuses. The position may be in-person, hybrid, or remote, with a preference for in-person.
Duties and Responsibilities. A Business Development Manager at Cornerstone must:
• Gain and maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise re. Cornerstone products and their applications.
• Achieve individual quota and organizational sales goals through creation and execution of strategic sales plans.
• Develop sales Leads and Opportunities, independently and as provided via Cornerstone Marketing.
• Establish rapport and be effective at multiple levels and departments in a prospective client’s organization.
• Work through complex negotiations, related to both prices and other contract terms and conditions.
• Collaborate with and support the Account Management team on new revenue cross-sell opportunities.
• Use Salesforce to maintain Opportunities, Accounts, Leads, Contacts, and phone and email history in order to provide management with status of activities, including sales wins, losses, and progress as well as obstacles.
Skills, Abilities and Experience: A successful candidate for this position will be:
• Self-motivated and able to handle multiple priorities.
• Highly professional in written and verbal communications; excellent presentation skills.
• Collaborative with matrixed external and internal teams.
• Experienced in sales involving enterprise operations, e.g., via SaaS tools and platforms.
• Able to be creative and effective in managing the individual specific contexts of large sales.
In hiring for this position Cornerstone has preference for:
• Travel industry experience, especially with technologies that enable and support travel operations, including
• Knowledge of a web-based corporate travel reservations applications, and
• Knowledge of travel operations mid-office quality control applications and/or data reporting and analytics.
• Sales and/or software implementation project experience in travel or other software technologies, especially applications for business operations.
• Experience in writing proposals, including in response to RFQs / RFPs.
• Experience in working with sales engineer SMEs on customization of software for enterprise operations.
• Working knowledge of DevOps and data security and privacy considerations, including re. non- U.S. clients.
Some travel is required for business purposes in this position, including travel outside the United States.
Remote work location will be considered, with a preference for employee location near or within driving distance of Cornerstone’s Bloomington, IN headquarters. Regular work in the Bloomington headquarters office is required.
To Apply: Please email your resume with cover email or letter expressing your interest, to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Business Development Manager” in the subject line. Thank you.
April 28, 2023. © Cornerstone Information Systems, Inc.Posted On
May 1, 2023