We are looking for a talented Quality Leader (Diesel Engine Plant) 3^rd shift to join our team specializing in Quality for our Engine Business Segment in Columbus, IN (On-Site).
**Hours are roughly 9:45pm – 6:15am.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Lead the development and maintenance of continuous improvement actions, tools, and capabilities in support of defect-free processes that meet or exceed customer expectations.
* Develop, implement, and maintain the manufacturing plant quality system.
* Collaborate with plant management and line leaders to develop strategic quality business goals and objectives and lead the plant quality function toward achievement of those objectives.
* Assesses the quality of products produced and initiates work stoppage if problems are uncovered that affect quality of product.
* Establishes and maintains quality assurance standards, procedures, and controls.
* Selects and prioritizes continuous improvement project in assigned plant areas.
* Lead quality assessments and audits focused on processes critical to customer and business success.
* Lead and mentor teams focused on quality levels or defect levels via project completion and implementation.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
* 5-10 years relevant experience (Quality Engineering in manufacturing plant is ideal)
* College, university, or equivalent degree required (Technical degree preferred)
* Capability analysis, project management, proactive multi-tasker
* Six Sigma certification preferred
* Prior managerial experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.Posted On
June 8, 2021