We are looking for a talented API & Integrations Product Owner to join our Cummins Business Services team in Columbus, IN. This position is currently temporary working remote due to COVID but will be revisited.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle; Document and demonstrate solutions; Develops flow charts, layouts and documentation
• Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and issues while protecting IT assets by keeping information confidential; Improve applications by conducting systems analysis recommending changes in policies and procedures
• Define applications and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to applications, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context, define Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs)
• Understands multiple architectures and how to apply architecture to solutions; understands programming and testing standards; understands industry standards for traditional and agile development
• Provide oversight and foster Built-In Quality and Team and Technical Agility; Adopt new mindsets and habits in how people approach their work while supporting decentralized decision making.
• Responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by a software Scrum team to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product.
• Manages the delivery of business value by owning the team backlog, defining stories, establishing story acceptance criteria and leading story refinement for preparation of iteration planning and program increment planning
• Demonstrates autonomy in making technical decisions and in problem solving related to the platform, while retaining accountability for decisions to be reviewed within the scrum process and by various stakeholders.
• Provide Solution Architecture input to the teams for developing the features.
• Shape and innovate technology to be developed within the organization and team and applied across Cummins global IT product teams, business units and global functions.
• Interact with both technical and business stakeholders of all levels and with third-party suppliers
• Works with other Product Owners and the Product Manager to determine impacts and interdependencies with other teams, programs or value streams
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• 8 years of IT experience working as a software engineer in Agile environments
• Proficiency in MuleSoft or one of similar technologies like Apigee, Boomi etc. is extremely desired.
• Optional exposure to Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c (Oracle SOA, OSB, ODI) is good to have.
• Experience working with XML, XSLT, XQuery, XPath, JMS/AQ/MQ.
• Knowledge of Web Services technologies such as JSON, REST, Http, SOAP etc.
• SAFe experience/certification or any similar Agile experience/certification will be highly desirable.
• Exposure and experience in building APIs using modern API first or API led design principals.
Compensation and Benefits
• Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
• At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
May 25, 2021