Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make you community a better place and work with most innovative thinkers to solve world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented AUTOSAR (CSAR) Assistant Technical Project Manager to join our team specializing in Corporate Business Segment in Columbus, IN.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
• Manages, develops, and implements programs composed of multiple cross functional projects. Partners with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
• Leads multiple cross-functional projects that may comprise a program from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
• In very large programs this role could include the responsibility to work with business and functional leaders to define tangible and measurable business outcomes and to lead the program achieving those business outcomes.
• Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues. Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
• Plans and monitors project budget conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
• Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; identifies alternatives or solutions; applies motivational techniques to broad-based organization change issues.
• Leverages experience of cross-functional resources and resources external to the project team; documents and shares team learning's with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
• Ensures that project documentation is complete; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments. Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members; coaches other Project Managers in managing teams.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
University, or equivalent degree required.
Significant level of relevant work experience (8 Plus years), including team leadership experience, required.
• Responsible for project management of the C-SAR Factory Capability development and associated Technology Readiness Level Roadmap
• Responsible to assist C-SAR TPL with overall technical coordination of C-SAR product development activities.
• Responsible to assist C-SAR Risk Manager in ensuring viable risk mitigation options are defined and resourced.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cumminsPosted On
March 25, 2021