We are looking for a talented BI & Analytics Technical Design Lead. This position is primarily based in Columbus, IN; however, due to COVID-19, this position is currently remote work until further notice. We do offer the opportunity to be considered for fully remote work
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
In this exciting role, you will focus on technologies, tools, performance, scalability, solution designs, validations for performance, and governance for our Data Platform which supports data and information needs for BI, Analytics, and more.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have extensive and significant work experience in Big Data, BI and Analytics, and Data Management areas. In this role, this person will have a strategic impact by providing architecture and strategies for longer term focus while also balancing the immediate needs. They will need to be well versed in a broad range of technologies, familiar with current industry technology trends, ability to translate technology discussions into business terms and articulate impacts as business scenarios. This individual will be able to understand the complexities of the organization, processes, information, and technologies then build future-state models to best realize the organization strategy.
• Stays current with emerging technologies
• Collaborates with stakeholders to understand emerging business needs and apply these to future state architecture.
• Produces a high-level, multi-year product and capability roadmap utilizing internal and external business resource, asset and market knowledge and experience to communicate the organization's focus and priorities to internal and external stakeholders.
• Performs complex cost/benefit analysis when researching future state capabilities.
• Defines and develops architecture deliverables, artifacts and building blocks (e.g. conceptual models, logical models, physical network designs, etc.) by applying architecture principles through the use of an architecture development framework and methodology that enables the organization to transform its systems in a controlled manner in response to business needs.
• Defines component breakdown of the system; performs functional allocation to the components; establishes interfaces between systems and among system components.
• Develops standards for Data Engineering functions and defines design patterns and configurations that can be reused as building blocks for other solutions.
• Collaborates with project teams to understand requested capabilities and provides the right solutions, and monitors architecture solution performance and prevents performance issues when introducing new capabilities on the system.
• Maintains Solution Design Repository and provides Solution Governance
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
• Significant experience in a BI and Analytics is required with a demonstrated track record of architecture and design for cloud-based BI and analytics platforms.
• Knowledge of the latest trends in data analytics is highly preferred.
• Candidates are expected to be proficient in an Azure BI and analytics environments that may encompass ADLS, Databricks, HDI, Map-Reduce, SPARK, HBase, Hive, Kafka, ADF, EventHub, File Streaming, Azure Synapse, and other areas associated with a Data Platform Ecosystem.
• PowerBI, Azure ML, or other Visualization or Data Science tools is preferred.
• Experience in Python, Scala, R, ODBC and SQL query language are desired.
• Experienced in velocity of large volumes of data movements and management.
• Candidates who also have AWS Cloud experience is a plus.
• Candidates who have experience in Agile development and DevOps / DataOps is a plus.
Amount of Travel Less Than 10%
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
February 3, 2021