In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Applies specialized knowledge of materials science with engineering principles and practices, to identify and advance solutions for design, manufacturing and quality problems.
• Works with cross functional teams on projects that require, material selection, failure analysis, material characterization, interpretation and writing of specifications, product quality inspections, material process quality audits, material process development, production process validation and material property data.
• Leads small projects or portions of large projects.
• Provides technical direction for a project or a project team.
• Participates as a key contributor and is accountable for project success.
• Influences at department or program management level.
• Provides input on program-related decisions.
• Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
• Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverages expertise on other projects.
• Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions.
• Assists with the transfer of knowledge, coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
• Design the catalysts for the diesel exhaust aftertreatment system.
• Optimization of the catalyst system
• Troubleshoot current product issue.
• Develop best practices to carry out the catalyst design tasks, simulations, engine tests, field tests, etc.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Basic understanding of aftertreatment components and system performance for diesel and alternate fuels engines such as natural gas
• Experience with MATLAB and engine data analysis with limited guidance
• Ability to work independently as a specialist in catalyst performance
• Prior experience with modelling tools such as BOOST is a plus
• Prior experience with reactor tests and simulation models development a plus
• Prior experience with performance characterization of catalyst used for diesel applications in NA and Europe a plus
• Prior experience with catalyst manufacturing process; quality check process; manufacturing data analysis a plus
• Post-graduate (Master's) degree OR PhD relevant to this discipline area preferred
• 3+ years catalyst experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
October 1, 2021