We are looking for a talented Power Systems Engineer to join our team specializing in Engineering for our Components Business Segment in Minneapolis, MN / your remote home office.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* This product focused position tailors electronic systems for Cummins products. People in these positions will configure (tune), integrate, test, and release software, electronic control units, tools, sensors, actuators, and harnesses into an electronic system that controls the operation of Cummins’ products in a variety of customer applications.
* Investigates electronic application and systems problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
* Applies and supports the improvement of electronic application and systems development processes and tools. Processes include system specification, modeling and simulation, calibration, Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R), and troubleshooting. Tools include Simulink, calibration tools, and PTC Integrity.
* Obtains input and negotiates with product and software development teams and delivers control system designs, verified and calibrated software features and builds to product teams.
* Makes decisions in the areas of electronic system design, requirements, calibration, and test that impact the quality and performance of individual calibrated features and/or components.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
* Up to 3 years Power Generation or Industrial machine control systems with good understanding of theory of operation for mechatronic systems.
* Knowledge of Electrical and power generation domain - i.e. understanding of alternators, reactive and active electrical power etc.
* Understanding of Six Sigma Principles - The person should have understanding of the Six Sigma principals, associated tools and processes. Apply this knowledge on assigned projects to assure work quality.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.Posted On
June 8, 2021