We are looking for a talented Cloud Cybersecurity Engineer to join our team specializing in Systems/Information Technology our Corporate Business Segment in Columbus, IN / your remote home office.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Apply knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and other public cloud and private cloud platforms, and their capabilities and security features to assist deploying cloud-based technologies and solutions.
• Conduct development of secure cloud code that includes and implements security best practices.
• Conduct security testing as part of the software development lifecycle CI/CD pipeline.
• Document knowledge and solutions for use across the Cummins Global enterprise and organizations.
• Identify and documents knowledge of current issues and risks to information security.
• Collect and analyze data so it can be applied to public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid (on premise and cloud) solutions to reduce Cummins cybersecurity risk.
• Trouble-shoot complex cybersecurity and privacy protection protocols.
• Perform root cause analysis and make recommendations on changes that address risk and deviation from best practices, policy, and standards.
• Identify the potential for internal and external threats and evaluate mitigation strategies and controls that can be implemented to reduce risk from malware attacks/propagation, targeted attacks, unauthorized access, data modification, degradation of services and other threat scenarios.
• Identify risk associated with potential loss of data and assesses the impact of mitigation strategies and controls on the business process and cost.
• Perform reoccurring cybersecurity assessments of business processes and IT solutions to identify and recommend changes that improves Cummins' security posture and adherence with compliance and privacy frameworks.
• Review and recommend changes to new and existing information security policies that influence how Cummins develops and implements different solutions and processes.
• Provide information security guidance to product teams implementing small to large scale solutions that support Cummins business operations and Digital Product infrastructure.
• Promote information security awareness across the Business Unit, Function Area, and organization.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject, or relevant experience required.
• 3-5 years of cybersecurity work experience is required.
• Experience with Cloud technology and concepts preferred.
• Possess proficiency and knowledge of coding languages (Lambda, JSON, etc..) and DevSecOps techniques that enable the adoption, stand-up, integration, and employment of cloud service infrastructure and platforms.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
September 3, 2021