We are looking for a talented Collaboration Services IT Technical Analyst Principal to join our team specializing in Information Technology for our Cummins Business Services in your remote home office.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Provides application or infrastructure technical expertise, analysis and specifications for IT systems to meet business requirements in accordance with IT architecture policies and standards.
• Translate requirements into technical specifications, create detailed solution design, coordinate construction, installation, configuration and testing of IT systems; and identifies, troubleshoots and resolves system technical issues.
• Creates and manages life cycle of technical specifications from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the application, infrastructure or complete solution.
• Assists in technical analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution.
• Delivers solution adhering to standards and leveraging re-use of components.
• Creates high level and detail design of infrastructure OR applications, interfaces, conversions, extensions, reports, and workflows while meeting architecture, security, performance, scalability, and maintainability requirements.
• Assists technical and infrastructure groups in understanding the solution design and specifications.
• Works closely with IT technical service providers to ensure outsourced work packages are delivered to specifications, meeting key parameters of quality, schedule, cost, security, performance, and scalability.
• Conducts or participates in formal design reviews and code reviews (where applicable) to ensure the detailed design specifications have been understood and coding standards have been adhered to by the development team(s).
• Seeks appropriate opportunities to promote re-usability of component designs to reduce costs and shorten time to deliver solutions.
• Proactively seeks opportunities to enhance efficiency in the build and deploy processes, leveraging automation where possible.
• Assists in the test strategy and execution of master test plan.
• Participates in the creation of standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines for the IT design and development community as well work instructions or ‘runbooks’ used for end-user support.
• Analyzes and revises existing systems and documentation to identify remediation or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
• 5+ years relevant work experience
• Experience with Microsoft 365/O365 system administration, Security & Compliance implementation and work, including Azure Information Protection, Microsoft Information Protection, and Auto Classification of data tools, Document Retention Centers within M365 and SharePoint.
• Experience with Information Governance, Information Management and Information Asset Protection
• Experience with BOX Commercial, and external collaboration and sharing configurations in M365
• Experience with PowerShell Scripting highly preferred
• Experience working with Exchange mail routing configurations, email protection and security
• Experience with Azure Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services and Conditional Access policies strongly preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
April 30, 2021