We are looking for a talented Component Engineer to join our Components department. This role is based in Columbus, IN is 100% remote with some periodic travel.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Design and Application of Digital Electronics - Specifies components and architectures of electronic control units; applies electronic control units in Cummins' products. Utilize working knowledge of Semiconductor fabrication process and automotive qualification
• Mitigate potential product failure modes, by identifying interfaces, functions, functional requirements, interactions, control factors, and noise factors
• Prioritize potential failure modes and potential failure causes for the system of interest to effectively and efficiently improve the reliability of products and solve product problems using a process that protects the customer
• Utilize working knowledge of tools such as worst case analysis, DFMEA/PFMEA, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), (Mentor Graphics, Zuken, or equivalent), Specification Compliance Matrix (or equivalent), along with maintaining component libraries
• Collaborate on[DEL: :DEL] decisions in the areas of hardware requirements, design, validation, and test that impact unit cost, functionality, and prototype delivery
• Support new e-components for new design, alternate part identification and processing PCNs/PTNs for Contract Manufacturers, support warranty projects & Model Rolls, support change management process (CR/CN/CA) in Windchill and DS2 Database, create part numbers in Windchill and DS2
• Support Material Declaration documentation for CPS and VPI products, verify and approve component parameters, process control knowledge, documentation, and version control, utilize knowledge of semiconductor fabrication process and automotive qualification
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required
• Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making
• Experience building networks, effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
• Experience utilizing working knowledge of engineering principles to verify that products meet internal technical requirements and to validate that design solutions meet customer needs
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
August 25, 2021