Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Powering your potential.
Our Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Cybersecurity Network Engineer.
• Conducts software and systems engineering and software systems research to develop new capabilities, ensuring cybersecurity is fully integrated.
• Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in cyberspace systems.
• Conducts vulnerability scans, analyzes findings and makes recommendations to help mitigate or eliminate vulnerabilities in systems.
• Identifies systemic issues based on the analysis of vulnerability findings, configuration assessments and derived metrics.
• Troubleshoots hardware/software interfaces and interoperability between integrated systems.
• Conducts system engineering and research to develop new solutions that ensure cybersecurity controls are integrated into the enterprise to support business goals.
• Integrates and aligns cybersecurity system configurations to ensure system performance meets documented requirements.
• Conducts and/or supports authorized penetration tools and testing on enterprise assets.
• Designs hardware, operating systems, and software applications to adequately address cybersecurity requirements.
• Analyzes documented architecture, application, and infrastructure requirements then builds appropriate technical modification steps.
• Is involved during the design and engineering phases of the systems development lifecycle; translates technology and environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into system and security designs and processes for the enterprise.
• Works closely with Architects and SMEs to understand and provide guidance regarding network segmentation requirements.
• Participates in the development of systems administration, operational concepts, principles and practices that guide segmentation architecture.
• Oversees the development of technical, functional, and procedural segmentation requirements for systems and functions.
• Ensures new segmentation architectures, tools, and technologies are included in Cummins standard practice documentation
• Oversees development of segmentation network and data standards, policies, and procedures for the compilation, cataloging, distribution, and retrieval of data from enterprise systems.
• Integrates leading practices from the Purdue Model to design and build segmented manufacturing environments and lay the foundation for future line segmentation and process control networks.
• Understands the complex interaction among technology infrastructure, software systems and business processes from efficiency, security, risk, and strategic perspective.
• Possesses deep knowledge of infrastructure, application and security best practice principles.
• Understanding of industry trends in network architecture, applications, and services; ability to utilize this understanding to lead and drive the development of the organization's network security.
Cybersecurity System Integration - Creates, writes, tests and deploys scripts, code, configurations and controls utilizing the appropriate standards, best practices and tools to provide system integration and data fusion that enable better cybersecurity visibility, assessment and automation.
Systems Requirements Planning - Develops a detailed set of use cases and requirements through documenting and deriving capabilities that are needed to operate, manage, administer and deploy enterprise cybersecurity capabilities and tools.
Technology Research and Development - Conducts technology assessment and integration processes through proof of concept projects to evaluate its utility.
Troubleshooting - Diagnoses and resolves the customer-identified issue by utilizing appropriate department standards to satisfy customer expectations.
Data Administration - Administers data storage and applications through proper training and coordinated efforts with internal and external partners to maintain system health and uptime.
Network Services - Installs, configures, tests, operates, maintains and manages network security equipment and software through proper training and collaboration with internal and external partners to enable the secure sharing and transmission of data in support of cybersecurity and business information systems.
Systems Administration - Installs, configures, troubleshoots and maintains server configurations through proper training and coordinated efforts with internal and external partners to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data and systems.
Tech savvy - Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Balances stakeholders - Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• 3-5 years of cybersecurity work experience is required.
• Experience with Cloud technology and concepts preferred.
• 10+ years combination of infrastructure, application, and/or security experience preferred.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology or a related subject or equivalent industry experience required
• CCNA desired.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team.
March 11, 2020