Cummins is seeking a talent Cybersecurity Senior Analyst reporting to the Director of Global Cybersecurity Operations. You will play a critical role in supporting all applications, and networks from a cybersecurity standpoint across the enterprise.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Responsible for ensuring information and data on computer systems is protected and all networks and computer systems are adequately secure to prevent unauthorized access; investigates potential security breaches and recommends corrective actions to resolve and/or prevent reoccurrences; responsible for promoting IT security awareness
• Contributes to a team of cyber security professionals working with threat data, writing reports, briefing event details to leadership, and coordinating remediation with personnel
• Ensures technology employed by the Intrusion Analyst team compliments operational processes
• Performs in-depth analysis in support of moderately complex Intrusion detection operations
• Finds anomalous or malicious activity on Cummins networks using analytical methods and tools in an operational environment
• Takes the initiative to understand and master new operating systems, security applications and open source tools
• Performs root cause analysis, and makes recommendations on changes for review by others
• Collects intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, trojans) and uses discovered data to enable mitigation of potential incidents within the enterprise
• Trouble-shoots complex, cross-business issues within existing security and privacy protections.
• Performs root cause analysis and makes recommendations on changes
• Analyzes identified malicious activity and determines appropriate course of action in response to identified and analyzed anomalous network activity
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• 5+ years of relevant work experience required
• Experience providing quantifiable, observable, and objective data supporting reporting metrics that facilitate decision-making and improve performance and accountability.
• Experience with SPLUNK, PowerBI, are required.
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology or a related subject or equivalent industry experience required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
April 2, 2021