We are looking for a talented Data Solutions Lead to join our team specializing in Systems/Information Technology for our Distribution Business Unit in Indianapolis, IN (Temporarily Remote)
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Performs data extract-transform-load (ETL) activities from variety of sources and transforms them for consumption by various downstream applications and users using appropriate tools and technologies.
• Identifies, understands and corrects flaws in data that supports effective information governance across operational business processes and decision making.
• Documents information and solution based on knowledge gained as part of product development activities; communicates to stakeholders with the goal of enabling improved productivity and effective knowledge transfer to others who were not originally part of the initial learning.
• Applies the science of measurement to assess whether a solution meets its intended outcomes using the IT Operating Model (ITOM), including the SDLC standards, tools, metrics and key performance indicators, to deliver a quality product.
• Validates a configuration item change or solution using the Function's defined best practices, including the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) standards, tools and metrics, to ensure that it works as designed and meets customer requirements.
• Uses appropriate methods and tools to translate stakeholder needs into verifiable requirements to which designs are developed; establishes acceptance criteria for the system of interest through analysis, allocation and negotiation; tracks the status of requirements throughout the system lifecycle; assesses the impact of changes to system requirements on project scope, schedule, and resources; creates and maintains information linkages to related artifacts.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university or equivalent degree in Information Technology or relevant area with any data specialization with 4-5 years of hands on experience. This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
• Proven Experience in Data Analytics, Data Migration, Data Extraction and Data Modeling
• STRONG proficiency in the following: Data Analysis skills, understanding of Data Cleansing techniques, Extraction, Transformation and loading steps to handle migration, Data Modeling, Data Cardinalities, Data architecture and Data backup/archival techniques.
• Experience working in Azure, Oracle, and SQL Database.
• Able to work in distributed environments with teams around the globe. Should be able to adapt and learn new techniques and technology to support data work. Strategic thinking to marry unique business data needs with data science.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee?s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
May 26, 2021