Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team specializing in DevOps, DevOps tools supporting our Global IT Organization. This position is primarily based in Columbus,Indiana.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Responsible creating/enhancing DevOps Pipelines for Cummins Programs
* Mentor Cummins employee’s in DevOps Practices and assist them in creating/enhancing their pipelines
* Installation & Maintenance of DevOps Tools
* Responsible for keeping abreast of the products for SDLC & DevOps; become SME on products
* Manage the vendors roadmap on purchased tools, aligning the needs of the development services consumers or customers with capable tooling
* Work closely with Architect to capture consumer feedback and improve upon the product offering
* Create, capture, and manage standards and best practices on the SDLC & DevOps purchased and created applications or tools. Work closely with IT procurement.
* Research, capture, develop content for each SDLC & DevOps product whereby the consumer can be educated and trained on the material. Work closely with other SDLC Practices members on the formatting and delivery of content for ease of access and consumption
* Engage with other IT groups to establish and enhance the flow of how IT conducts work
* Develop innovative approaches to improve process and tooling capability
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Experience working as a software engineer with the following knowledge and experiences are preferred:
* 3+ years of experience and knowledge with the following SDLC and DevOps tools; Jira, Confluence, Tricentis Qtest, GITLAB, Jenkins, SonarQube, Tricentis Tosca, AWS DevOps Services and Azure DevOps
* Experience working in Agile environments
* Knowledge of Agile ALM and DevOps practices and tools
* Fundamental IT technical skill sets that include;
- Taking a system from coping requirements through actual launch of the system;
- Communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines;
- Professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
* College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant related field is required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.Posted On
October 28, 2020