We are looking for a talented Diesel Fuel Systems Product Validation Specialist to join our Power Systems department. This role is based in Columbus, IN.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Product Verification and Validation Management - Develops product systems validation plans from a variety of inputs to identify failure modes, while managing product risk and relative priority; negotiates product requirements against capability to guide project scope
• Analytical Modeling and Test Integration/Optimization - Develops a physics-based understanding of customer duty cycles using real world collected data representative of the full range of customer usage, generates experimental testing plans that deliver optimal analysis and test coverage.
• Product Failure Mode Avoidance - Mitigates potential product failure modes, by identifying interfaces, functions, functional requirements, interactions, control factors, and prioritized potential failure modes and potential failure causes
• Engineering - Uses appropriate methods and tools to translate stakeholder needs into verifiable requirements to which designs are developed; establishes acceptance criteria for the system of interest through analysis, allocation, and negotiation; tracks the status of requirements
• Product Interface Management and Integration - Identifies and analyzes the interfaces and interactions across system boundaries by specifying the requirements and limits to ensure that the product meets requirements
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
• Prior experience as a Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making
• Prior experience as a single point of contact to a VPI program for overall subsystem integration of all Diesel Fuel System components
• Prior experience providing excellent documentation of test plans and resulting validation evidence to support Production phase release. Ability to work effectively with internal and external suppliers and facilitate supplier relationship
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-Verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
June 8, 2021