We are looking for a talented Director of Business Architecture to join our team specializing in enterprise business architecture for Cummins. Ideally, we would love for this role to be based from our Minneapolis, MN office, however, Cummins will also consider a remote work arrangement.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Form and lead the Business Architecture practice globally
• Lead efforts to update and maintain the Enterprise Business Capability model
• Lead modernization strategy to rationalize and simplify application footprint by aligning with business capabilities and eliminating redundancies
• Lead and collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to define strategic roadmaps to enable business transformation initiatives and strategies
• Develop and advise on options, risks, costs vs benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities
• Manages and mentors a team of less experienced architects
• Responsible for people management including work plan development, performance management, and people development.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• 7-10 years of relevant Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture and/or Solution Architecture experience
• Technical team management experience with an emphasis on coaching, mentoring and developing teams
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to build trusted relationships with the stakeholders
• Ability to manage and prioritize assigned tasks, set milestones and timelines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail
• Cultivate innovation by creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject
• TOGAF Certification preferred
• Global enterprise experience preferred
Compensation and Benefitsc
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
April 29, 2021