We are looking for a talented Electronic Controls & Telematics Industry Standards Leader to join our team specializing in Engineering for our Corporate Office in Columbus, IN / your remote home office.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Lead the overall strategy for Cummins involvement with industry standardization in the electronic controls (non-hardware) and telematics space.
• Work with section strategy leaders, FE leaders and architects to identify the needs going forward. Includes all business units at Cummins. Includes all world-wide locations.
• Lead cross functional team to prioritize the involvement of Cummins with industry organizations. Lead cross functional team to prioritize the implementation of industry standards at Cummins. Includes support processes.
• Audit Cummins support to industry standards. Maintain a matrix of standards support for Cummins products. Work with business leaders to secure funding for the development and implementation of industry standards at Cummins. Coordinate the Cummins participation at conferences on industry standards. Get Cummins employees actively involved (track involvement) in industry standards and conferences. Sponsor/support standards development projects.
• Lead/support cross-company (world-wide, multi-company) work groups for standards development and changes Example: Support ASAM project management and execution - telematics security, cloud interfaces, ODS update for Big Data support (work with Test Cell engineering IT to coordinate the work group). Ares include, but not limited to: Controls Architecture (AUTOSAR) Datalinks (SAE)Test automation, diagnostics, calibration, model, requirements data exchange (ASAM and other standards). ISO (UDS) and IEEE.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
• Prior Technical Specialist/Specialist Engineering equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving, quality decision making and providing technical direction and leadership to a project team(s). Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred
• CORE2 experience (C2ST – Simulink design -codegen/handcode –s/w test – tools interface – requirements management/PTC integrity)
• AUTOSAR experience – bonus. Good to have - PREEVisionAuthoring, DaVinci Toolchain exposure
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
October 2, 2021