We are looking for a talented Embedded Software Engineer to join our team specializing in Electronics for our Components Business Segment. This role is passed in Columbus, IN and will be remote three days a week.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Embedded Software Design and Construction - Constructing embedded software using industry best practices and robust software engineering principles; verifies software updates to ensure quality products.
• Product Verification and Validation Management - Coordinating the development of design verification and system validation plans from a variety of inputs to identify failure modes while managing risk and relative priority
• Evaluating analytical and experimental test results following engineering principles to verify that products meet internal technical requirements and to validate that design solutions meet customer needs; produces recommendations with technical documentation to support product decisions.
• System Requirements Engineering - Using appropriate methods and tools to translate stakeholder needs into verifiable requirements to which designs are developed
• Product Platform Planning and Architecting - Creating and developing a holistic product platform including key architectural feature and function variants needed to align with market level product plans of future target markets
• Generating alternative architectures traceable to the requirements and performs trade-off analysis in collaboration with life-cycle stakeholders to ensure a balanced and optimum platform
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent to Bachelors’ Degree and 3 to 5 years minimum of relevant experience.
• Experience with embedded C/C++ software development (hand-coding),
• embedded control software development in MATLAB/Simulink, microcontroller architecture, programming and interfacing.
• Experience with AUTOSAR architecture and methodology, automotive electronics communication protocols, such as CAN, CAN-FD, Ethernet etc. Hands-on experience with laboratory equipment such as data acquisition systems, DC power supplies, signal generator, oscilloscopes etc
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today. Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
June 28, 2021