We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Finance Systems Senior Analyst to join our team specializing in Analytics for our Corporate Finance department. This is based in Columbus, IN and has a remote hybrid schedule post pandemic.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Participate in development, maintenance, and support for various finance systems solutions for Components, Corporate and Supply Chain business globally
• Participate in global process and systems improvement / transformational initiatives while collaborating with the functional teams in Components, Supply Chain and Corporate organizations
• Partner with Finance Systems team and IT consultants for providing requirements, reviewing design and build solutions, testing, documenting, and training as needed
• Perform administration and ongoing maintenance of finance system solutions. Identify system issues that affect business functionality and works with IT to resolve the problems. Develop, provide, and support the training for Finance users on various systems or solutions developed
• Understand and apply common control procedures & basic finance internal controls while developing Finance Systems solutions. Work with end users to build reports in Thunder, SmartView, PowerBI and PowerPivot
• Create process documentation, flow charts and work instructions. Develop an understanding of financial, accounting, and treasury concepts and how to apply them to finance systems
• Communicate effectively to customers and business partners – Drive effective communications with Components, Supply Chain and Corporate users for the Finance systems related information like maintenance deadlines, updates, changes, roll out information, training opportunities etc.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent to Bachelors’ Degree in Finance or Accounting is required
• Prior experience in solution design and testing automations to synthesize diagrams, models, and documentation to build a solution that meets buildability, business, technical, security, governance, and compliance requirements
• Prior experience in Solution Functional Fit Analysis, Solution Modeling, creating, designing, and formulating models, diagrams and documentation
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
July 1, 2021