Our culture is one that believes in Powering Your Potential. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems. We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions and make an impact through meaningful work within our diverse workforce.
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a Global Digital Center Technical Leader.
The successful candidate will:
* Develop API driven, non-monolithic, 12 factor scalable web and mobile apps on serverless cloud platforms such as AWS.
* Work closely with peer groups such as Integration Services, Architecture, and Security to provide unified solutions and patterns for customer web application needs.
* Own, enhance the Global Digital Center (GDC) serverless RAD toolkit and maintain the roadmap for it. This toolkit solves common application needs for Cummins like authentication, authorization, CRUD, workflows, reporting, responsive and inclusive mobile UI.
* Ensure that RAD or portions of it are applied to customer projects and continuous growth and improvement of RAD services through project execution.
* Help the GDC DEV group deliver cutting edge and cost-effective solutions to our customers.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
* Develop information systems by studying operations; design, develop and install software solutions; support and develop a software team of developers responsible for building new and supporting existing applications.
* Prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery, and have excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. Work across multiple facets of a project with multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions.
* Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle; Document and demonstrate solutions; Develops flow charts, layouts and documentation.
* Determine feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions; Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them.
* Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
* Recommend state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations; remain passionate about great technologies, especially open source.
* Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and issues while protecting IT assets by keeping information confidential; Improve applications by conducting systems analysis recommending changes in policies and procedures
* Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
* Define applications and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to applications, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context, define Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs).
* Provide oversight and foster Built-In Quality and Team and Technical Agility; Adopt new mindsets and habits in how people approach their work while supporting decentralized decision making
Agile Systems Thinking - Embraces a holistic approach to analysis that focuses on the way that a system's constituent parts interrelate and how systems work overtime and within the context of larger systems to ensure the economic success of the solution.
Agile Architecture - Designs the fundamental organization of a system embodied by its components, their relationships to each other and to the environment to guide its emergent design and evolution.
Agile Development - Uses API-First Development where requirements and solutions evolve through the collaborative effort of self-organizing and cross-functional teams and their customer(s)/end user(s) to construct high-quality, well designed technical solutions; understands and includes the Internet of Things (IoT), the Digital Mesh, and Hyper Connectivity as inputs to API-First Development so solutions are more adaptable to future trends in Agile development.
Agile Testing - Leads a cross-functional agile team with special expertise contributed by testers working at a sustainable pace, by delivering business value desired by the customer at frequent intervals to ensure the economic success of the solution.
Regulatory Risk Compliance Management - Evaluates the design and effectiveness of controls against established industry frameworks and regulations to assess adherence with legal/regulatory requirements.
Solution Modeling - Creates, designs and formulates models, diagrams and documentation using industry standards, tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
Solution Functional Fit Analysis - Composes and decomposes a system into its component parts using procedures, tools and work aides for the purpose of studying how well the component parts were designed, purchased and configured to interact holistically to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Global Perspective - Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
Manages Conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
* Minimum seven to ten years of experience of web development experience.
* Proven experience as a technical architect and hands-on with software development and system administration on Cloud environments
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
College, university, or equivalent bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant related field is required.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect AWS and/or Certified Developer
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cumminsPosted On
September 24, 2020