Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Global Platform Engineer- Technical Specialist to join our team specializing in Engineering for our Engine Business Unit/Engine Business Segment in Columbus, IN.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Product Development Execution - Plans, schedules, coordinates and executes the activities involved in developing a product to a respectively aligned hierarchy of requirements and technical profiles.
• Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Product Problem Solving - Solves product problems using a process that protects the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; and identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
• Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Lead the design decision making in the areas of component and subsystem design concept selection, concept optimization, and design specifications that impact customers targeted to be served by a given Product Preceding Technology, (PPT), Value Package Introduction (VPI), or Value Package Change Request (VPCR) initiative.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
• 5 - 7 years of experience as a Senior or Lead Engineer with a demonstrated track record of innovation, technical problem solving and quality decision making.
• Technical understanding and design capability in one, or more, of the following internal combustion engine systems a requirement.
+ Lube & Cooling - Water Pumps, Oil Pumps, Oil Coolers
+ Air Handling - Turbocharging, exhaust gas recirculation, intake systems
+ Base Engine – Major castings (cylinder head, cylinder block, flywheel housing etc), gear trains.
+ Power Cylinder - Pistons, piston pins, piston rings, connecting rod, crankshaft and bearings.
+ Valve Train – VVA, VVT, CDA.
• Component Ownership, delivering all phases of design including concept design, development, verification/validation, release.
• Driving simulation and supporting manufacturing.
• Previous use of CREO / Pro-Engineer preferred.
• Use of analysis/simulation tools such as CFD, GT Suite, Ansys, AVL Excite, Discovery Love, CETOL, Enventive, Fluent, Genesis, or Mode Frontier preferred.
• MS Office
• Minimal travel required
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
June 1, 2021