We are looking for a talented Business Analyst for our Data Management Team specializing in Master Data Management Systems/Information Technologies for Cummin’s Digital Organization in Columbus, IN / your remote home office.
This role will make an impact in the following ways:
• Defines the business outcome that the proposed work will provide using the Business Analysis Toolkit (modeling the five aspects and creating use cases) to justify investment of resources (people, time, finances).
• Engage as active member in the Data Governance councils with IT and business leaders to drive Master Data improvements
• Identifies the activities needed to conduct business analysis considering the five business aspects, level of detail, and approach for eliciting requirements to plan for resources and techniques to document the business needs and solution characteristics.
• Evaluates relationships and interdependencies between requirements based upon their complexity and value to the business in order to determine feasibility and prioritization.
• Creates and defines the solution design complete with instrumentation and measurement, using Cummins IT processes, standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to synthesize diagrams, models and documentation in order to build a solution that meets buildability, business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
• Composes and decomposes a system into its component parts using procedures, tools and work aides for the purpose of studying how well the component parts were designed, purchased and configured to interact holistically to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
• Solves problems using a systematic analysis process by leveraging industry standard methodologies to create problem traceability and protect the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• 5-7 years minimum of relevant experience
• Experience in General Master Data concepts and principles.
• Informatica MDM required (version 10.0 or higher preferred)
• Functional knowledge of customer and supplier domain and data.
• Prior experience in a lead role is preferred. Aptitude to lead required
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
May 24, 2021