Cummins is looking for a talented IT Director Emission Solutions to join our team specializing in IT Manufacturing/Supply Chain/Engineering Systems for Cummins Components in Columbus or Indianapolis, Indiana. This leader will be accountable for IT strategy and operations for the business globally and will serve as an IT integrator for the Corporate IT Engineering function across the Sub Business Units within Components.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience supporting the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and systems like the Oracle ERP, MES, Scada, and PLM engineering systems. Possessing the ability to understand the complexities of the organization, processes, information, and technologies then build future-state models to realize the business strategy best. An innovative self-starter who can translate business needs into attainable plans. Acting autonomously and actively bringing forward ideas and recommendations to further the success of the Emission Solutions business, Components Segment, and the company as an enterprise.
The IT Director Emission Solutions role is to link the business mission, strategy, and processes of the organization to its IT strategy, and ensures how the current and future needs of an organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Acts as a key member of the Cummins Emissions Solutions Business executive and the Component IT team
* Responsible for developing IT strategy and roadmaps that align with business strategy and the enterprise IT strategy.
* Effectively teams with other IT and business leaders to ensure the realization of both business & IT strategies
* Drives alignment and synergies within the BU, Corporate and Components Segment globally
* Acts as a key member of the Steering Committee and MRG’s for critical BU and Corporate initiatives
* Translates technology discussions into business terms and articulate impacts as business scenarios
* Manages a team of senior level IT Employees
* Participate as a key member of a senior level IT Management Team
* Responsible for a significant area within IT from a scope perspective
* Provide input to development of IT Strategies
* Responsible for team financial management including AOP, budget management, and forecasting
* Responsible for People Management including work plan development, performance management, and people development
* Responsible for team building and development including organization structure, recruiting, global team management
* Compile and present Management Reports on team performance including metrics, deliverable status, etc.
* Communicate status to senior management – IT and business
* Accountable for Six Sigma training, usage and goal attainment for the team
* Ensure team adherence to all IT processes, policies, and procedures including IT Security
* Responsible of IT Controls compliance for the team
* Engagement with customers in their respective function or business area
* Governance/Leadership for all program/projects executed or supported by their teams
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Financial acumen - Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Manages conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
Builds effective teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Project Portfolio Management - Plans, prioritizes, sequences and manages one or more project portfolios utilizing analysis of portfolio risk and performance (diversification, value assurance assessment, company synergy, alignment, and long-term maintenance) to optimize and prioritize projects and maximize business value.
Strategic Roadmap Planning - Produces a high-level, multi-year product and capability roadmap utilizing internal and external business resource, asset and market knowledge and experience to communicate the organization's focus and priorities to internal and external stakeholders.
Release Planning - Plans and manages the release of capabilities, features or products using inputs from the prioritized roadmap, planning, available resources and skills to communicate expected availability and releases of capability.
Project Resource Management - Develops resource (expense and headcount) plans using recommended project management tools and processes to manage resources effectively
* College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
* Minimum of 15 years of experience in Information Technology with 3 – 5 years leading managers in Information Technology
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Cummins has been made aware that there are a number of scams that take advantage of job seekers in a variety of ways. Depending on the scam, scammers look to collect confidential information to use for identity theft or try to get money from job seekers during the recruitment process. Cummins will never ask for money during the application, recruitment, or on-boarding process. To learn more about the most common job scams, tips on how to avoid being scammed and federal reporting procedures, please visit consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams.Posted On
October 6, 2020