Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Cummins Inc. is seeking an IT Director – Enterprise Architecture in Columbus, Indiana to lead teams of architects to include: solutions, technology, infrastructure/data and security. Knowledge of advanced technologies and processes such as Agile, SAFe, AngularJS and relational databases are critical to the success in this role.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
• Responsible for collaboratively working with business and business unit IT leadership in the design process for new applications, technologies and processes
• Oversee enterprise architects and system architects as they work on delivering standards and guidelines for critical business systems
• Responsible for delivering the enterprise architectural requirements for both “off the shelf” software as well as Cummins-developed software
• Responsible for collaborating with the leadership of Cummins SDLC practice to ensure alignment with overall technology processes and procedures for both waterfall and Agile software engineering teams
• Responsible for working with Cummins Cybersecurity organization to ensure that architectural recommendations and roadmaps align with overall Cummins information security guidelines and best practices
• Collaboratively work with corporate IT infrastructure teams to ensure that architectural roadmaps align with the overall Cummins vision of both on-premise and cloud-based solutions
• Participate as a key member of a senior level IT Management Team.
• Responsible for a significant area within IT from a scope perspective Provide input to development of IT Strategies.
• Responsible for team financial management including AOP, budget management, and forecasting.
• Responsible for People Management including work plan development, performance management, and people development.
• Responsible for team building and development including organization structure, recruiting, global team management. Compile and present Management Reports on team performance including metrics, deliverable status, etc.
• Communicate status to senior management – IT and business. Accountable for Six Sigma training, usage and goal attainment for the team.
• Ensure team adherence to all IT processes, policies, and procedures including IT Security.
• Responsible of IT Controls compliance for the team Engagement with customers in their respective function or business area.
• Governance/Leadership for all program/projects executed or supported by their teams.
Financial acumen - Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Manages conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
Builds effective teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Project Portfolio Management - Plans, prioritizes, sequences and manages one or more project portfolios utilizing analysis of portfolio risk and performance (diversification, value assurance assessment, company synergy, alignment, and long term maintenance) to optimize and prioritize projects and maximize business value.
Strategic Roadmap Planning - Produces a high-level, multi-year product and capability roadmap utilizing internal and external business resource, asset and market knowledge and experience to communicate the organization's focus and priorities to internal and external stakeholders.
Release Planning - Plans and manages the release of capabilities, features or products using inputs from the prioritized roadmap, planning, available resources and skills to communicate expected availability and releases of capability.
Project Resource Management - Develops resource (expense and headcount) plans using
recommended project management tools and processes to manage resources effectively.
Qualifications & Competencies
Strong business and analytical thinking skills
Time management skills
Ability to lead through influence
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required
Minimum 5 years of experience leading technology teams and 2 years leading architects
Previous Enterprise Architect working experience strongly preferred
Previous experience managing a budget required
Compensation and Benefits
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today at careers.cummins.comPosted On
February 4, 2020