Cummins is looking for a talented IT Director Supply Chain Solutions to join our team specializing in leading and building capable IT teams. This leader will successfully collaborate with the Supply Chain and IT leadership to design and execute an application strategy that enables Cummins Supply Chain strategy. Cummins is open to a leader residing in Indiana or working remotely for this role with some travel required.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to influence stakeholders throughout the organization, will have in depth experience in business change initiatives having a significant technology component, and will be an innovative self-starter who is able to translate business needs into attainable plans. This individual will be able to understand the complexities of the organization, processes, information, and technologies then build future-state models to best realize the organization strategy. This individual will be able to act autonomously and actively bring forward ideas and recommendations to further the success of company and the Supply Chain function and for CMI, as an enterprise.
The IT Director Supply Chain Solutions works with all business technology stakeholders both leadership and subject matter experts to build a holistic, technology agnostic view of the organization's strategy, business processes and information assets. The candidate takes this knowledge and ensures that the Business and IT strategies remain in alignment.
The IT Director Supply Chain Solutions role is to link the business mission, strategy, and processes of the organization to its IT strategy, and ensure how the current and future needs of an organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Collaboratively drive innovation with the Supply Chain stakeholders to enable end to end business capabilities with the right information technology
• Ensure IT and Supply Chain transformations are supported and successful.
• Generate ideas and solutions to enhance business processes by being an active business partner to the Supply Chain stakeholders and leaders
• Well versed in a broad range of technologies, familiar with current industry technology trends, ability to translate technology discussions into business terms and articulate impacts as business scenarios
• Promote shared understanding of technical direction, business goals, and practical decisions to achieve the goals
• Prioritize IT resources and manage constraints to maximize the delivery of business value
• Pro-actively works to control the impact of IT spend on the organization
• Must understand and be willing to traverse the sometimes-complicated organization and political dynamics of a corporation and its business units
• Effectively teams with other IT and business leaders to ensure realization of both business & IT strategies
• Directly architects and manages efforts to deliver supply chain enterprise capabilities and data strategy
• Participate as a key member of a senior level IT Management Team
• Responsible for a significant area within IT from a scope perspective
• Provide input to development of IT Strategies
• Responsible for team financial management including AOP, budget management, and forecasting
• Responsible for People Management including work plan development, performance management, and people development
• Responsible for team building and development including organization structure, recruiting, global team management
• Compile and present Management Reports on team performance including metrics, deliverable status, etc.
• Communicate status to senior management – IT and business
• Accountable for Six Sigma training, usage and goal attainment for the team
• Ensure team adherence to all IT processes, policies, and procedures including IT Security
• Responsible of IT Controls compliance for the team
• Engagement with customers in their respective function or business area
• Governance/Leadership for all program/projects executed or supported by their teams
Coach and Develop - Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees; gives timely specific feedback and helpful coaching; provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development
Communication(Written and Verbal) - Effectively expresses messages and ideas in a clear, organized and relevant manner for a variety of audiences.
Foster Open Communication - Creates a work environment in which timely and relevant information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions.
Global Perspective - Understands the companies role in global markets. Seeks to understand issues, trends and perspectives of various cultures and countries that are relevant to the company.
Manage Execution - Assigns responsibilities; delegates to and empowers others; removes obstacles; allows for and contributes needed resources; coordinates work efforts when necessary; monitors progress
Motivate Others - Encourages and empowers others to achieve; establishes challenging performance standards; creates enthusiasm, a feeling of investment, and a desire to excel
Set the Aim - have a clear line of sight to and positive impact on the strategy; ensures execution plans are aligned with Cummins vision/mission/values, strategic principles and goal trees.
Think Strategically - Recognizes significant long-term opportunities for success and accompanying risks; considers a broad range of factors and alternatives and their implications for stakeholders; develops effective, profitable approaches aligned with Cummins' vision/mission/values and strategic principles.
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in Information Technology
February 3, 2021