We are looking for a talented IT Global Service Owner - Network Security to join our team specializing in Systems/Information Technology for our Corporate Business Segment in either Columbus IN, Minneapolis MN, Nashville TN or / your remote home office.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Will be responsible for the management, operations, delivery and support of defined IT applications and/or infrastructure services; directs and coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available resources; plan, organize, staff, lead, and control an organization to accomplish the goals.
• Deliver end-to-end IT service management. Ensure on-going service compliance with all company policies or legal requirements.
• Plan and manage (or participate in) the Operating budget process. Determine service component pricing and delivery charges. Determine forecast of needs.
• Responsible for the execution and improvement of services and ensures that tools and resources are capable and available. (i.e. IT Service Catalog, Asset Management system).
• Ensure ongoing service delivery and support meet agreed customer requirements, review service agreements, monitor and report service delivery metrics (i.e. Scorecards, Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and Customer Satisfaction or Net Promoter Scoring).
• Represent the Service. Primary customer contact for service-related inquiries and issues. Communicate on major service outages/escalations. Develop and manage relationships with key customers and suppliers. Maintain relationships and facilitate meetings with technical teams, IT, and business partners.
• OLA with other IT Service owners. Liaise with the appropriate process owners throughout the Service Management lifecycle.
• Encourage root cause analysis using the formal problem-solving approach for recurring issues.
• Champion the use of Six Sigma to reduce costs and improve processes. Identify opportunities for service improvements and supports their implementation.
• Work with business unit customers, regional IT leaders, other service owners, corporate architecture and outside suppliers to ensure the delivered services meet cost, quality, and delivery targets.
• Champion the use of ITIL Standards for IT Service Deliverables.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Significant IT experience required including supervisory experience. 5-7 years of relevant experience required.
• Strong understanding of Network Security technologies such as Firewalls, Next Generation Firewall, Proxy's, Micro-Segmentation technologies, and Network Identify Services technologies.
• Understanding of Router and Switch operations that support overall network services.
• Strong understanding of network security systems and how they can affect performance and can impact to business.
• Desire to learn new tools to improve the overall service.
• Ability to coordinate work across multiple regions and time zones. Must be comfortable with remote management of staff.
• Ability to work with end users to help them understand various aspects of the Network Security service including financial impact to budgets.
• Strong understanding of network design principles, network security principles, and can work with Architecture, Cybersecurity, and Network Engineering on testing and deployment of new solutions.
• Comfortable with ITIL processes around Incident, Change and Problem management.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
October 1, 2021