We are looking for a talented IT Manager, Operational Excellence & Supplier Relations to join our Cummins Business Services team in Columbus, IN. This position is currently temporary working remote due to COVID but will be revisited.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• IT Operational Excellence:
+ Manages performance metrics for the function that contribute to performance goals of one or more internal value chains or end-to-end processes.
+ Coordinates enterprise-level governance of functional processes, systems and data as part of the overall end-to-end framework.
+ Manages process development and delivers solutions that optimize processes across multiple functions and technology capabilities with measurable business value.
+ Uses data extensively and build analytical capabilities to measure and maximize returns.
+ Develops methods to ensure consistent application and use of analytics.
+ Drives continuous improvement by identifying and driving automations.
+ Routinely engages with industry experts and peers, conducting research on best practices.
+ Collaborates with end to end process owners and functional excellence peers to prioritize continuous improvement efforts for the function.
+ Delivers improvements that are measurable and significant.
+ Participates in knowledge sharing to develop enterprise subject-matter expertise in one or more functions.
• Supplier Relationship Management:
+ Manages strategic suppliers using agreed process with established work plan, sponsor meetings, and scorecards; defines and evaluates a collaborative relationship with suppliers to deliver value to Cummins and the supplier.
+ Manages sourcing and purchasing strategies aimed at reducing cost, minimizing risk, and optimizing business processes.
+ Validates sourcing and contract activities.
+ Minimizes supplier risk to Cummins by proactively mitigating risks.
+ Generates and implements ideas to drive improvement and innovation, in collaboration with our suppliers to benefit the organization.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree required
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
• Significant relevant experience required, including managerial experience.
• Extensive experience managing multiple IT suppliers and Vendors is a must.
• Experience with RPA, Automation tools and Analytics platforms is highly preferred
• Experience with ITSM tools such as ServiceNow, Cherwell or Remedy Helix is preferred.
• Prefer strong experience leading strategic and change efforts within a function or business unit; and the ability to make and drive connections across relevant work streams.
• Solid communication and stakeholder management skills, as well as ability to work comfortably amidst ambiguity important for success in this role.
Compensation and Benefits
• Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
• At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
March 18, 2021