We are looking for a talented Senior It Technical Analyst - IT Service Management to join our team specializing in Systems/Information Technology for our Cummins Business Services Unit in your U.S. remote home office. This role is 100% remote with periodic travel post-pandemic.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Assists in creating and managing the technical specifications from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the application, infrastructure or complete solution.
• Assists in technical analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution.
• Delivers solution design, adhering to standards and leveraging re-use of components.
• Assists in creating high level and detail design of infrastructure OR applications, interfaces, conversions, extensions, reports, and workflows while meeting architecture, security, performance, scalability, and maintainability requirements.
• Assists technical and infrastructure groups in understanding the solution design and specifications.
• Works closely with IT technical service providers to ensure outsourced work packages are delivered to specifications, meeting key parameters of quality, schedule, cost, security, performance, and scalability.
• Participates in formal design reviews and code reviews (where applicable) to ensure the detailed design specifications have been understood and coding standards have been adhered to by the development team(s).
• Leverages re-usability of component designs to reduce costs and shorten time to deliver solution
• Ensures adherence to obtain efficiency in the build and deploy processes, leveraging automation where possible.
• Assists in the test strategy and execution of master test plan.
• Participates in the creation of standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines for the IT design and development community as well work instructions or ‘runbooks’ used for end-user support.
• Analyzes and revises existing systems and documentation to identify remediation or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution.
• Provides level 3 support for critical issues.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• 4+ years of experience with software design and development
• 2+ years of experience with ServiceNow development, including core ITSM tables, Glide, scripting, business rules, client scripts, data imports, custom apps, and development methods
• Experience with ServiceNow integration with 3rd party software and applications
• Prior experience with custom application development, developing and implementing API's and solid knowledge of SDLC and Agile delivery.
• Proven experience in facilitating requirement gathering workshops, design and development activities to deliver and deploy a satisfactory end-user experience.
• Partner with leadership to maintain and drive towards an aggressive platform roadmap
• Proactively stay on top of new capabilities in the platform and educate team members and stakeholders.
• ITIL v3 or v4 foundations certification and ServiceNow application developer/system administrator certifications highly preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
September 22, 2021