We are looking for a talented Mobile Applications Systems Engineering Product Specialist to join our team specializing in Engineering for our Cummins Electronics and Fuel Systems in Columbus, IN.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Obtains input from stakeholders such as technical managers, project leaders, other product and manufacturing engineers and supplier partners to deliver information and recommendations that lead to quality product decisions.
• Applies academic knowledge and existing experience to take action and make decisions that progress projects forward without sacrificing project quality expectations. Examples of these decisions include day to day project details, analysis or test work instruction details, coordination across discipline areas, etc. that are necessary to make quality progress.
• Applies and improves processes such as ESW, iDFMEA, FIRG and tools such as 7-step problem solving, design review checklist and other specialized tools required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
• Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
• Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge.
• Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or other relevant technical disciplines. Experience as a business analyst preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years Development and Test Experience. Product development for iOS, Android, Linux, and Windows applications is preferred
• Ability to Write, document, explain, uncover/discover and identify a complex situation and deal with high levels of complexity.
• Experience utilizing FMEA, cloud-based technologies, CAN/SAE J1939/Ethernet, databases and UX design principles
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
May 18, 2021