We are looking for a talented Sr Network Security Engineer to join our team specializing in Systems/Information Technology for our Corporate Business Segment in either Columbus IN, Minneapolis MN, Nashville TN or / your remote home office.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Provide application or infrastructure technical expertise, analysis and specifications for IT systems to meet business requirements in accordance with IT architecture policies and standards; translate requirements into technical specifications, create detailed solution design, coordinate construction, installation, configuration and testing of IT systems; and identify, troubleshoot and resolve system technical issues.
• Create and manage life cycle of technical specifications from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the application, infrastructure or complete solution.
• Assist in technical analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution.
• Deliver solution adhering to standards and leveraging re-use of components.
• Create high level and detail design of infrastructure OR applications, interfaces, conversions, extensions, reports, and workflows while meeting architecture, security, performance, scalability, and maintainability requirements.
• Assist technical and infrastructure groups in understanding the solution design and specifications.
• Work closely with IT technical service providers to ensure outsourced work packages are delivered to specifications, meeting key parameters of quality, schedule, cost, security, performance, and scalability.
• Conduct or participate in formal design reviews and code reviews (where applicable) to ensure the detailed design specifications have been understood and coding standards have been adhered to by the development team(s).
• Seek appropriate opportunities to promote re-usability of component designs to reduce costs and shorten time to deliver solutions.
• Proactively seek opportunities to enhance efficiency in the build and deploy processes, leveraging automation where possible.
• Assist in the test strategy and execution of master test plan.
• Participate in the creation of standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines for the IT design and development community as well work instructions or ‘runbooks’ used for end-user support.
• Analyze and revise existing systems and documentation to identify remediation or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution.
• Provide level 3 support for critical non-routine issues.
• Coach less experienced team members on technical matters.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Significant relevant experience required. 5-7 years of experience.
• Strong understanding of Network Security technologies such as Firewalls, Next Generation Firewall, Proxy's, Micro-Segmentation technologies, and Network Identify Services technologies.
• Strong understanding of Cloud infrastructure technologies, application hosting technologies, and application design principals.
• Understanding of large-scale Layer 2 and Layer 3 network design and implementations.
• Strong understanding of network security systems and how they can affect performance and can impact to business. Desire to learn new tools to improve the overall performance of systems.
• Ability to coordinate work across multiple regions and time zones.
• Awareness of current technologies and ability to make recommendations based on knowledge and research.
• Strong understanding of network design principles, network security principles, and ability to work with Architecture, Cybersecurity, and Network Engineering on testing and deployment of new solutions.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
October 1, 2021